ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera Bags

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
What camera bags do you lot use?

I'm after something not too big and doesn't make me look like a proper nerd virgin.

Had some suggestions for the likes of crumpler, just want to see what else is out there before I go and buy one.

Ant

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
_41860990_tesco203getty.jpg

That'll do you.

Ive got a LowePro one, its not that big but i have no extra equipment yet so its just a D3100 body with a kit lens. i think i could get an extra lens in there at a push. You dont want anything too big, just the right size to carry the stuff you need. If you have everything in the same bag it will abviously heavy and become tiresome to carry round.

Dick Fila lol.

Anyway, as said, LowerPro.

There's been at least a couple of bag threads and they usually end up turning into LowerPro appreciation threads.

Most people rock 'em, it just depends on which size/variant you want.

I have an AW202 (all weather - comes with a rain cover).

It's a slingshot, single strap, allowing me to get to my camera quickly. It's not massive, but it's not small and it currently holds all of my kit - just about. It was £50 from jessops, so no doubt that you'll get it cheaper online.

This is the kit that mine stores: http://www.tomcash.co.uk/late-2012-camera-kit-update/

Now with an added torch and a flash - that's a lot of stuff!!

Here's a pic.

6956998062_4cb687ff08_z.png

Lowerpro Slingshot 202 AW by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Hope that helps man.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks for that, only been on here 5 years never seen the seen the search button. f**king hell.

I did a search. Most looked s**t.

Oh cool - so do a search to see what bags people use, they all look s**t, so ask what bags people use and expect a different answer to last time

Good luck with that

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They may know of others even if they don't use them themselves. Now if you've finished being an annoying cretin, f**k off out the thread.

Thanks

Well even if I was trying to be more helpful - here's the information you missed

- Style of bag. Backpack? Sling Shoulder? Journalist?
- Equipment. DSLR? Lenses? iPad/Tablet? Laptop? Rangefinder/CSC? Do you want to carry a tripod in it or on it?
- Design preference. Want something that's clearly a camera bag? or a plain style for security? or something a bit modern and trendy?

I mean you could just ask everyone to name every bag they've ever seen until something wets your fancy but it'd take a while.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I want a small compact bag be it a back pack or shoulder bag that can take the camera and a couple of lenses.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ant, I use a GEM rucksack if I'm out and about with my stuff:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001FF8TKC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Looks fairly gimp but pretty inconspicuous, plus I'd rather have people thinking 'hey, there's a bloke with a gimpy rucksack' than 'hey, there's a bloke with a cool looking camera bag. He probably has a couple of £k's worth in there...' Lol.

Of course, the illusion is ruined when you attach a tripod to it.

Regardless, I'm well impressed with it, it's plenty padded enough and has loads of room/compartments. Ignore the fact that it says 'for Canon', I shoot with Nikon and have had nae bother.

Ant, I use a GEM rucksack if I'm out and about with my stuff:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001FF8TKC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Looks fairly gimp but pretty inconspicuous, plus I'd rather have people thinking 'hey, there's a bloke with a gimpy rucksack' than 'hey, there's a bloke with a cool looking camera bag. He probably has a couple of £k's worth in there...' Lol.

Of course, the illusion is ruined when you attach a tripod to it.

Regardless, I'm well impressed with it, it's plenty padded enough and has loads of room/compartments. Ignore the fact that it says 'for Canon', I shoot with Nikon and have had nae bother.

This.

Looking at mine you'd probably never realise there's a camera in there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002VPE1WK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

A little nerdy but holds all my kit safely.

I've got two lowepro bags, a slingshot and a pro messenger, both are the smallest variant they make but still have space for a body with a lens, a prime and a zoom plus spare batteries, memory cards etc. They're both the AW (all weather) variants so have a weatherproof cover attached that pulls out to keep everything dry if you get caught in a downpour. Happy with both tbh, both discrete and not nerdy looking nor obviously camera bags to a passer by IMO.

Last edited:
  White APE
I use a Crumpler cupake 5500. Big enough for my D90 with lens attached and my 50mm and small telephoto, cards and cable release etc.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a Lowepro Fastpack 100. Brilliant bag; takes my D7000 w/50 F1.4, 55-200 and 18-55. I also have lots of other bits and bobs in the top compartment.

It’s small, easy to carry and you can get your camera out easily and quickly if you need it.

Cupra
I have three that get used.

A Burton Zoom backpack for when I'm on my bike/ board or just for taking everything on holiday.

image.jpg
image.jpg

A Domke F6 for travelling light:

image.jpg
image.jpg

And my Thinktank Retrospective 30 for when the 70-200 is needed too. The Thinktank is my favourite to use.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think I'm going to go for the small lowero one Bobby j showed me yesterday, perfect size for the kit I will be taking about. Nice and small and plain.

"Navy" N17 TWO

^ That wasn't long ago lol

I ended up with a Crumpler, from the states :cool:

It's the 7 Million Dollar Home - awesome & very comfy plus has straps for a medium tripod:)
LOADS of dividers - I have about 6 I didn't use for that trip!

It held my D3 with 24-70, Sigma 17-70mm, 50mm, Lee filter kit & the usual accessories
Had my D3 on the BR RS-7 most of the time for quick use,

Lowepro AW. Well paded, nice plain black look and the all wather cover is great.

Used to use Crumpler, but gone off them now.