ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera Accessories Thread

Lol even if I were a high roller, wouldn't be spending 2k on lens with my level of experience haha. Cheers fellas. May invest on pay day. :)

Canon 600D
18-55mm kit lens
UV filter
Polarised filter
Velbon tripod
SanDisk Extreme 8GB SD
Spare battery
Lens cleaning kit

In addition to my kit, I got a Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW at the weekend... Awesome bag!

6956998062_4cb687ff08_z.png

Lowerpro Slingshot 202 AW by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Anyone ever bought a hand strap to ditch the neck strap that you get with the camera? as i always seem to wrap the neck strap around my hand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330685008533?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I also used to wrap my neck strap around my wrist so I took it off completely. I've ordered a hand strap from Canon in China to save money but I think I'm going to die of old age before it arrives... I've heard great things about them.

I hate neck straps. One you look like a tourist and two you advertise your chosen manufacture.

Main reason though is your camera is safer when carried in a bag and just as effective;)

I use a gordy hand strap then camera is always ready!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
-Nikon D5100
-Nikon D40

-35 F1.8
-18-55
-55-200 VR

-CPL Filter
-Hoya 0.9 ND Filter
-B+W 10 Stop Filter

-Spare Nikon EN-EL14 Battery
-Trancend 16GB Class 10 SD Card
-Sandisk 4GB SD Card
-Reverse Mount
-Microfibre Lens cloth

-Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod

-Lowepro Adventura 140

172 and vw passat
Received my hand strap today (very fast delivery)

Pro's: Comfy
Better looking
Has lower screw to fit onto tripod ect

Con's: Hard to access my buttons on-top of the camera
Covers the battery access

overall i still think its better than the neck strap.

Why's that an issue man? Not sure I get that.

Well for me I don't wish to advertise on behalf of another company, it draws less attention to yourself when your going stealth. Some people even use black electrical tape to cover the white manufacturer lettering on their cameras so a neck strap would be somewhat out of the question. Also less attractive to thieves.

That said if your shooting a wedding (which I don't!) I suspect a neck strap(s) is the only way to roll! :D

Oil Burner
Well for me I don't wish to advertise on behalf of another company, it draws less attention to yourself when your going stealth. Some people even use black electrical tape to cover the white manufacturer lettering on their cameras so a neck strap would be somewhat out of the question. Also less attractive to thieves.

That said if your shooting a wedding (which I don't!) I suspect a neck strap(s) is the only way to roll! :D

I don't see how covering up Brands helps prevent thieves (who are probably not shopping specifically for a Canon over a Nikon) or trying to remain stealth. Surely in street photography you still have to point a camera at them and 'Nikon' isn't going to give you away as much as the 77mm front objective pointed at them which doesn't scream point and shoot camera.

I can't stand hand holding my cameras myself, i have to when they have rain covers on (if i bother - doh!) and even though i don't use any particularly heavy lenses it is still uncomfortable after 30mins. If i was that bothered about the brand on the strap i would buy an aftermarket one. As you say, for 2 camera setups - there are few other options. Each to there own i guess...

No it's unlikely a thieves will read cannon but a big camera strap screams a 'pro' camera worth having!

Slow red one
What accessories would you guys take with you to new york/ Vegas? Currently have 50mm, 70-300mm, 10-20mm standard lens that came with it, and a big camera back and a standard tripod. Looking to buy a big 16 or 32gb mem card, another battery, ND filter and maybe a remote for night shots. cheers
[h=2][/h]

You might want a spare battery and a spare SD - especially if you shoot in RAW.

Careful not to take too much equipment - you want to have a good time too...

Update as I've joined TP and since had to type a new one of these, realising I had more stuff!

Canon 600D

Canon 18-55mm kit lens
Canon 50-250mm telezoom lens
Canon 50mm prime lens

Jessops 58mm UV Filter
Jessops 58mm Polarised Filter
Hoya 52mm UV Filter

Velbon tripod
Lowerpro Slingshot 202 AW bag
Canon ET-60 lens hood
Hahnel Spare battery
Lens cleaning kit
SanDisk Extreme 8GB SD

Really pleased with all my kit except for my Jessops filters. :| They seem to do nothing!

Well a UV filter is pointless, and will do exactly that....nothing.

To test your polarising filter, take it off the camera and hold it up to a computer monitor (so you're looking at the monitor through the filter). Turn the filter. The monitor should go from normal to pretty much black.

vauxhall corsa vxr
tom quick question how much did you pay for your lowepro bag I've just bought the exact same one for £20