ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAMBER setup what's the best camber???

Phase 1 Clio 172
Hi just after a bit of knowledge hopefully some racing prowes!!! What is the best camber setup on a Clio 172?

Thank you Jamie

Clio 172
Where would you suggest is a good base to start from Jay? I had mine set up on my Integra for 1.2F, 0.8R i think or maybe the other way around.

Clio 172
Very true^ but it would also be a very expensive exercise to start randomly and go from there. Where would you first set up and then go from there?

GSXR + KDX220
Alot of people run with -1.5 on the frontand seem to get on well with it, as a compromise between tyre wear and better cornering. Although as said it is different for everybody and each have their own driving style and different tyres.

Some run more on the rear also, although in standard form they should be -1.2ish. Its entrirely up to you and how it feels ;)

Turbo LY R27
I run eibach camber bolts, think they are great, that along with prolines and a rear arb is a quality fast road setup on my 182.

Phase 1 Clio 172
Yeah I've got camber bolts for my front just want to know what to have them set to as I'll have to go and have them set up on a digital tracking rig!! I've also got k-tec 1deg shims to chuck in on the rear end arb is on the mod list after some pure motorsport solid top mounts and a brace at the front

GSXR + KDX220
If you stick the 1degree shims on the rear you'll be running about -2.3 overall which may knacker your tyres if you just potter about alot lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Very true^ but it would also be a very expensive exercise to start randomly and go from there. Where would you first set up and then go from there?

Most proper places will let you go for a drive and adjust it to suit you mate. I went out 3 times before I was happy with mine.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Mine was set up with 2.0 negative camber and slight toe out, really did help with turn in and applying power when cornering

You'd be surprised, I run -2.5 on the front of my 200SX and the wear isn't bad at all. Then again, they're not the driven wheels.

With respect handling depends absolutely massively on suspension geometry, especially on macpherson struts where camber is not fixed (camber increases as the suspension goes into "bump" and decreases when in "droop") so there is no point comparing between cars.

But you have a valid point, you can go more, you can go less. Not to mention that wear is subjective! One person's "really bad wear" is another man's "omg these tyres are lasting ages." Aren't continentals supposed to be good for 12k miles whereas everything else is only good for 6 or 7k? Right away that's a silly comparison between two people/cars.

With respect handling depends absolutely massively on suspension geometry, especially on macpherson struts where camber is not fixed (camber increases as the suspension goes into "bump" and decreases when in "droop") so there is no point comparing between cars.

But you have a valid point, you can go more, you can go less. Not to mention that wear is subjective! One person's "really bad wear" is another man's "omg these tyres are lasting ages." Aren't continentals supposed to be good for 12k miles whereas everything else is only good for 6 or 7k? Right away that's a silly comparison between two people/cars.

Despite the fact I wasn't talking about handling, just wear. Or rather the fact the inside of the tyres haven't worn below legal limits in months like people seem to think it would.

Sorry, my definition of handling included tyre wear. Nevertheless suspension geometry still massively affects tyre wear.

BMW E36 328i Sport
-1.8 on the front, can't tell the difference from the inside to outside of tread for wear and it's been like that since about may.

Clio.
If the car is for fast road/track use, I normally set the front camber at -2 deg, front toe-out of around 2-3mm on a 15" wheel.
This would be my base setting, and reference point for further adjustments. It is also comes down to 'feel' as well and how you like the car to handle for you.
Being a fast road/track car, tyre wear isn't an issue, if you want 10,000 miles out of a set of tyres? Then keep it at standard original settings.

Mental 172 Cup
I set my camber bolts on maximum negative camber and it looks quality and tyre wear isn't even noticeable..

Phase 1 Clio 172
I'm not putting camber on for the look I'm not a stance ***** I'm a track ***** well I'm starting out!! Thank you all for the comments I'll take them all on board when I get round to fitting them!