ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber settings

Hi all, I'm taking car to get coilovers fitted tomorrow and then booked in at protyre to get tracking sorted and camber set up. I was just wondering what set up people find best for a Clio 182, which is not being tracked, just general road use. Thanks

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ie the minimum height the kit allows, lol

I would tend to agree with tony for a road car, 1.5 degrees for camber and a tiny bit of toe out which helps the car turn in better, if its set to toe in then it will have more of a tendancy towards understeer. Straight ahead can be good for tyre wear if its a motorway cruiser but im guessing not if its a clio on coilovers, lol

Its one of those things that people prefer different settings though, so worth getting as many views as possible on what works for different people :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tony, protyre will have the factory settings on file, thats what they will use if not instructed otherwise.

182cup & 172 racecar
Just read your other thread,if they don't know what coilovers are,wtf are they going to do when faced with camber bolts?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Usually in mm or minutes,not very often in deg.All very confusing I must say.

Well minutes effectively is degrees, you're still measuring an angle not a length, you're just choosing a different unit.
Like measuring in inches instead of cm, its very much the same thing in terms of the process just on a different ruler.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well minutes effectively is degrees, you're still measuring an angle not a length, you're just choosing a different unit.
Like measuring in inches instead of cm, its very much the same thing in terms of the process just on a different ruler.

I think what Tony is saying is that if your tracking is out/adjusted to 1 degree toe in/out then it's been done wrong! Very wrong! It just points out that the "minutes" or "mm" measurement is the one the op should expect to see on the steering alignment.
Or at least that's my take on it anyway.

Just got back from getting tracking done and camber set up. Got a problem though that I hope someone can help with, basically when the steering wheel is straight the car is pulling to the left, but I'm confused as ive just had the tracking done and got print outs and stuff. Camber has been set up to 1.5deg as recommended on here. Can anyone help?

The people said the car is too low for the 205 45 tyres on it at the moment and recommended me getting 195 40's , would this fix the problem?

P.s car is lowered 60 front 45 rear.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just got back from getting tracking done and camber set up. Got a problem though that I hope someone can help with, basically when the steering wheel is straight the car is pulling to the left, but I'm confused as ive just had the tracking done and got print outs and stuff. Camber has been set up to 1.5deg as recommended on here. Can anyone help?

Take it back, they just need to wind one track rod in slightly and the other out slightly so that the overall toe is the same but that the wheel sits straight.

Before doing that you could really spin the wheel all the way from one direction to the other and make sure that its straight when the rack is in its central position, ie that it has exactly the same number of turns from central to fully left as it does from central to fully right.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Why is it so hard for people to do right? Dont get me wrong i cant do it, but you know what i mean

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why is it so hard for people to do right? Dont get me wrong i cant do it, but you know what i mean

To be fair, its actually relatively hard to get right first time on the ramps, even when you think you have found the centre the only real way to know is to drive it up the road an then tweak it a touch if required, and too many places dont do that.

That is the current settings

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324658107.675042.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324658107.675042.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 570
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rear looks bad but sadly its not as easy to adjust, front looks ok though, ideally it should have been camber of 1'30 both sides (1 degree 30 minutes = 1.5 degrees) but thats certainly pretty close.

Looks like the reason its steering slightly left is just a lack of accounting for the unstraight rear when they did the front, im sure if you take it back they'll adjust it for you mate, they're normally pretty good at protyre places IME

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
To be fair, its actually relatively hard to get right first time on the ramps, even when you think you have found the centre the only real way to know is to drive it up the road an then tweak it a touch if required, and too many places dont do that.

Couldnt agree more. Just had mine done again as i had track rod ends fitted and it took sometime to get it right

Didn't go protyre in the end mate, I rang them but they said they don't have the laser technology so ended up going with alignmycar about 10 miles from me, but yeah I shall take it back mate and explain to them

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah, looks like the same sort of printout most protyres give.

Im sure the same will apply thoguh if they are a decent company, they've not quite done the job right if your car is not going up the road straight with the wheel straight.

But like I said, check the wheel is actually on straight first!

Weren't overly happy with the service, 2 young lads did it but we're pratting about, saying how he wanted to bum the other guys mum etc. tempted to just take it somewhere else just to get the tracking sorted out tbh.

Just a quick shot at work, sits a lot better, very happy with them. Not sure whether to get the wheels done black or not, quite like the anthracite on that photo lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324660139.273880.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324660139.273880.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 221
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Does look quite nice at that height, although personally I'd have probably not gone quite as low as that myself.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Weren't overly happy with the service, 2 young lads did it but we're pratting about, saying how he wanted to bum the other guys mum etc. tempted to just take it somewhere else just to get the tracking sorted out tbh.

Annoying when you pay money for a service and then get idiots :(