ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber bolts

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Stupid question alert.....

Can camber bolts be fitted to standard struts/hubs?

Or do they need a strut with an elongated hole? I need to get some camber bolts now I've fitted my sportlines

Told ya it was a stupid question, but I've never seen a camber bolt and I don't know much about suspension

mk1 Octavia VRS
The bolts have a cam on them. This does limit total adjustment to -1.75 max which is ample for road use.
My car is running more camber than that with Eibach camber bolts (just over 2 degrees negative). Also running Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

The range of camber adjustment you can get with stock ride height would be less than if the car is lowered, but I have no idea by how much without some numbers. With MacPherson struts the camber will normally increase as the suspension is compressed, so lowering the car without fitting camber bolts should increase the camber (though again, I'm not sure by how much).

FF Clio 182
I have just got Powerflex ones. Car was running 2.3" camber one side and 0.3" on the other. Powerflex only allow for 1" degree so set both to 1.3". Easy job

WRX
Stupid question alert.....

Can camber bolts be fitted to standard struts/hubs?

Or do they need a strut with an elongated hole? I need to get some camber bolts now I've fitted my sportlines

Told ya it was a stupid question, but I've never seen a camber bolt and I don't know much about suspension
Yes they can.

Megane 250
Sorry if it's a daft question, what benefit do you get from camber bolts? Does it stop tram lining?

My 182 is lowered on coilovers, yet to determine brand as I haven't had time to have a proper look, and sometimes when changing gear when going for it or coming off the gas at high revs the steering pulls? It's quite hard to explain. It's off putting when driving fastish.

Megane 250
Need to get the tracking checked first mate. Where you based

South Wales, I'd like a fast road set up done on it, is it worth buying and fitting camber bolts before? I don't mind travelling to get it done either, so anywhere around Cardiff/Bristol would be ideal.