ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt tensioner in the 12'oclock position...

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Hi all,

I know there'll be a big *sigh* at another cambelt thread, but in my defense, i have searched..

Now, i know all about the lining up of the notch with the pip etc, but i remember Fred mentioning to me when i was last at BTM that the belts can vary in length between manufacturers; so with this in mind, does it mean the lining up of pip and triangle is not 100% right?

Is there a 'rule of thumb' position, or a cast iron way to check the tension is spot on?

At present with mine, ive got the belt on and tensioned, the triangle is just outside of the pip and with the TDC pin in i can get the horseshoe in with a little wiggle.

So, where do i go from here... ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the marks on the tensioner will line up when the tension is right.

sounds like you've got it just fine to me

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Cool beans, so is it not worth giving it a tweak to get it **** on?

I think Fred mentioned that regardless of the pips, the tensioner needed to be at 12 oclock, now i dont think mine is... :(

Lionel Richie
yeah if you put an allen key into the tensioner it shouldn't go past the exhaust cam stud (and the marks line up), if it does you can get a random tap at idle

drop me an e-mail and i'll send you the report i've written showing what to look for etc