ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt kit and dephaser pulley

Iceberg 172
Hi all. The time has come for my car to have the Cambelt and Dephaser pulley done, as it very tappy now.

I have a mate that used to work for Renault that is going to do it. He has the timing tool etc. All ive got to do is buy the kit for him to do it.

Where is the cheapest place to buy the kit?

Cheers Stuart

Renault = Cheapest

Plus has your mate got experience with the timing procedure on an f4r? May have worked for Renault and have the tools and all that.

Just wondering :D

Iceberg 172
Any idea how much it is from Renault?

Yeah mate. He had a 172 cup couple of years ago that he done himself. Also done another few.

I trust him i think lol :cool:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Think I paid around 250 quid for the timing kit, and the aux kit. That was 36 months ago though so pricing may be different now

Iceberg 172
Think I paid around 250 quid for the timing kit, and the aux kit. That was 36 months ago though so pricing may be different now

Was that including the Dephaser mate?

Ill give Renault a call tomorrow see what they say!

Lol if you can think of who it is Mark let me know!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
No that wasn't including dephaser mate

is it Tom at wests Renault that mark is on about? WestsRenault on here I think. I've had a few bits off him in the past and service was spot on

Iceberg 172
Didnt think it would be mate, still a good price though.

ill maybe drop him a PM see what he says.

Cheers

225 Cup & Williams
Colin at wests Renault is your best bet. Dephaser pulley is around the £170 mark iirc. Timing belt & aux belt kits have came down I'm price recently I'm sure.

Ring Adam on 01902 439264

Works at the renault parts supply base and will be the cheapest you will find.. Actually a heck of alot cheaper than others

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Theres a guy/ shop on ebay that sells genuine parts quite cheap. £127 posted for dephaser, £110 posted for belt kit etc.