ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change on my 182

182 FF
Just got my 182, 54 plate done 72k. There's nothing in the book with reference to a cambelt change however having read the book saying it should be changed after 36k or 5 years i'm finding it hard to believe it has never been done. Regardless I am going to get it changed ASAP however i have read the aux belt needs doing too which I will have done. I have also read the water pump should be changed at the same time but this was aimed at the 172, is there a difference or should i also have the water pump changed at the same time? The best quote i've had for a full 72K service, cambelt and aux belt change is £565 + VAT. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Lincoln area to have the work done cheaper whilst doing a good quality job?
While i'm here is there anything else which should be investigated while the work is done?
Oh and is it an engine out job on a 182? Mine is not a cup which i'm led to believe makes the task a little harder.

I've come round to the fact my pocket is going to suffer but i'm now working on some damage limitation more than anything

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
www.Birchdown.com

Do a search and you'll see nothing but good feedback :)

Cambelt is 72k or 5 years, aux belt every 36k. Water pump is a myth so i'm lead to believe, very rarely fail

Also, just so you know, it makes no difference in price/difficulty on the 182s if it's a cup or not, as they both have air-con, only makes a difference on 172 cups where there's no air con gubbins to get in the way.

RSC 182 Cup
A few guys in Australia have found their water pumps have been leaking a bit when getting the belts done. Water pumps aren't very expensive so I'll be changing mine when it's due.