ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Bumder With A Buffer
I have some Triton AX720's...I like them.

Im really struggling on this recently. I dont know if its the game types i Play (Domination) but I am the ONLY one on my team even attempting to capture any flags...the others just run around trying to kill people..FFS.

I proper rage quit earlier too after having 10 deaths in a row by the same guy following me through walls no matter what I did. I watched the killcams and he would follow me from the other side of buildings etc. Gay.

Not announced yet. We (the Elite ;)) are getting new content monthly which goes on for a number of months (or a year?) so I'd imagine the non-Elite would get it as one big pack at the end of all that. Just a guess.

Fiesta ST-2
Connection has gone back to being s**t again on this game, im getting half a clip of hitmarkers and the enemy doesn't even take any damage on the kill cam, seriously wtf! This isn't a one off been happening every game I've played today, along with being one hit killed constantly.

I have been on both ends of the connection today. Had an epic 32-4, but genuinely thought I was a little hard to kill. Also had a couple of games where I struggled to stay in positive score.

Mountune Tractor
Not announced yet. We (the Elite ;)) are getting new content monthly which goes on for a number of months (or a year?) so I'd imagine the non-Elite would get it as one big pack at the end of all that. Just a guess.

Highly unlikely, we will probably just get it a few weeks later?

Just a thought! With no mention of them being available yet it would have made sense to have one big map pack for download at the end, rather than a few small ones.

Arctic 182
As much as i love this game how well you do is so dependant on your connection.

Yesterday had a 48-12 on hardhat followed by a 10-11on lockdown.
First game i felt invincible, second i couldnt get a kill to save my life!!

Fiesta ST-2
Just a thought! With no mention of them being available yet it would have made sense to have one big map pack for download at the end, rather than a few small ones.

They're releasing new content every month for the rest of the year? , I don't think it makes sense to release it in one pack after a year lol.

Yep (that's what I said in my post :eek:).

For the price the map pack will probably cost, I just decided to get Elite. I reckon it'll be around a similar price.

172 cup
One of the lads just received his iPad from winning one of the first clan matches, lucky little bugger I came third! Our clan was top all the way through then some boosters overtook us with 10x the amount of defensive kills... PSN sorted it out, got the XP for the clan and JAM the winner out of our lot got his iPad.

Anyone else playing in the clan wars/operations?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I wouldn't trust the game connection to enter any competitions on this. I played a guy who was in the top 100 and he literally couldn't be killed no matter how long you shot him. I even put 2 RPG's directly into his feet and nothing. Probably a cheat like all the top 10,000 people on the score board.

White APE
Playing infected ATM and I'm getting really pissed of with the amount of times I've been killed due my team mates standing behind me meaning I can't retreat from an attack.

172 cup
I couldn't play competitively. Far too many variables

True but when there's 6 of you mic'd up it makes it way easier. We had 8 teams of 5/6 playing at the same time to win the comp, and there was 10-12 teams who cheated that finished ahead of us, by literally thousands of kills.

Took PSN just over a week to sort it, but we got the win and the iPad still :)

Playing in the comps is really good fun, I don't have an amazing broadband connection (sky) and I do ok. There's 2 players in our clan in the top 100 and I can assure you they aren't cheats, just very good.

Trophy #387
What headsets are people using?

My PX21's have fallen apart :-(

Sennheiser PC360 with Astro Mixamp, absolutely awesome apart from they're 2nd hand and for whatever reason don't work properly at full volume (sound starts coming out of only 1 ear lol).

I wouldn't recommend them, purely because they're £130 and the Mixamp is about £70-80, but it's a good setup.

I've used Steel Series Siberia V2s before, and they're very good - could pick up a pair for probably £50-60!

Fiesta ST-2
These shotguns are getting out of hand, the fact I played 4 games yesterday in different lobbies and 90% of people were using them shows how overpowered they've become.

Turbos.
I am so w**k at this game. I think the best i have got in team deathmatch is 14. I've never played the game in single player, and have never used anything other than the default gun class..lol.

At the end of the game i get the dubious awards, such as 'most crouched' and 'most grenade explosions survived'.

Bumder With A Buffer
See thats what I think, I get nailed by a spas from bloody assault rifle range in one shot.

When I use any shotgun it takes 2 or 3 shots to kill people. Probably because it isnt the same set-up.

I proper rage quit last night, shot someone with my UMP45 and he managed to turn around and throw a knife into me. Happened 3 times ffs :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Indeed.

but what I dont get is how its worse then previous games. I mean Blops wasn't that bad, neither was MW2. Battlefield3 and MOH aren't bad for lag either.

I entered a clan operation (or so I thought), highest total defends in Domination and came in the top 10% receiving a gold award thingy. That's all I got :dapprove:

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Indeed.

but what I dont get is how its worse then previous games. I mean Blops wasn't that bad, neither was MW2. Battlefield3 and MOH aren't bad for lag either.

mw2 bf3 and moh dont have lag compensation... just this s**t and black ops had it to a degree.

Edition 30
Played infection last night.

Its fun for a while.

Only COD game I can't quite pull a 2+ K/D on. For that reason, I'm out.

COD4 > MW2 > BOps > WaW > MW3

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's a lot worse in this one. With only months until Black ops 2 is released I don't think they will ever fix it either

Trophy #387
The lag compensation is what causes the problems, if they removed it then the people with dodgy connections wouldn't be able to do anything.

I play competitively, online and offline (LAN events) as i've said before in here. I'm not going to bore you with the details, but some players are renowned within the competitive community for being "connection players".

You know that guy who you shoot first from long range with an ACR, and then he kills you with an SMG before you can drop him?

In public games it's annoying, but it competitive play it's ridiculous. These players run round making stupid game changing kills because of their connection and there's nothing you can do about it except moan. All of a sudden, you go and play at LAN and you can kill everyone just fine.

I couldn't play Black Ops online, the connection was just unreal for me. I went to compete at a LAN event with my team, and I suddenly found that I could outshoot almost every player on the game and we ended up coming 9th-12th out of 60 teams.

COD4 was better for sorting the connection than MW3, I don't understand why it's gone backwards.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If you remove lag compensation altogether the game would be 100% unplayable, dare I say it, even worse than what it already is.

My brother in law goes on about how awesome he is at COD and that he is a "beast" etc, he plays with what might as well be a 56k connection so he has lag comp on his side 99% of the time. He came to play it at my house where my internet is what I class as a semi decent connection. The connection speed is 1up and 5 down with 20 mili seconds of ping and hardly any packet loss, he has a few games and moaned like f**k about how my internet was s**t because he was getting owned.

I am genuinely looking forward to the near future when technology improves and lag comp is a thing of the past. FPS will be awesome to play when its near level ground and there are less variables.

I had a go on Black Ops the other day, felt like I'd gone back in time by about 10 years. Feels a proper dated game IMO.

I think I'll have a go of my mate's Black Ops 2 before I purchase!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I liked black ops style of play. It has more feel to the movement where mw2 and mw3 are arcade style. Even the weapons are a lot more realistic on blops. If there's no lag on blops 2 it will be the best one in the series yet. It's a big problem though or else it wouldnt of effected the last games so much, I think it could be down to the number of people online playing games.