ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

caliper painting

Clio 182 Cup
i dont really know much about it what do i need? as in what type of paint? like hammerite or sumthing and how long roughly does it take to dry? can it be done in a weekend?

Hardbrush give it a wipe down with that, bit of a wipe down with some cleaner of some sort. Then just use a couple of coats of hammerite.

F56 MINI Cooper S
yeah easy, got mine started on a saturday morning finished early afternoon, was fine the next day. Do the rear drums black too...

Clio 182 Cup
:) mint. u know anything about alloys and tyres i wanna get some 16"'s but the low profiles to match the same width/hight as the 15's with standerd tyres ive got on now if you know what i mean.... or even 17's if they would work ?

F56 MINI Cooper S
:) mint. u know anything about alloys and tyres i wanna get some 16"'s but the low profiles to match the same width/hight as the 15's with standerd tyres ive got on now if you know what i mean.... or even 17's if they would work ?

What you mean the same height mate? wat wheels you looking at/interested in?

Clio 182 Cup
i was thinking about getting some white oz's with low profiles but i wanted to keep the whole wheel size ie. tyre+ alloy the same so it doesent mess my speedo up... yeh the same height

F56 MINI Cooper S
i was thinking about getting some white oz's with low profiles but i wanted to keep the whole wheel size ie. tyre+ alloy the same so it doesent mess my speedo up... yeh the same height
just buy some 15"s and lower it then mate, Better handling too ;)

Clio 182 Cup
i dunno herd loads of bad things bowt lowring springs unless u do the shocks as well cuz it puts more preasure on the shocks cuz its rides half way down the shocker?

F56 MINI Cooper S
i dunno herd loads of bad things bowt lowring springs unless u do the shocks as well cuz it puts more preasure on the shocks cuz its rides half way down the shocker?
Depends how low you go down, anything upto 40mm and you'll be fine.

J

jakm15

i put a wire brush in my drill and rubbed it all down to the metal then just sprayed it black with normal spray paint dry in about 5 mins then i washed all the arch no problems, got loads on the disc but that just get burnt off the first time you touch the brakes. then i just highlighted the letters with gold to make them stand out a little bit, (before you give me abuse and say why would you want to make lucas stand out im making the most off what ive got and im 17 and paying 2000 for insurance so thats why)

pic here

DSC02656.gif

Evo 8 MR
Thats allright it's subtle thats's the main thing, would be a little worried about spraying recklessly onto the discs though.

lmao @ wire brush in a drill.

J

jakm15

tried to avoid the discs just got abit on but it come off straight away.

didnt break a sweat just put the wire brush drill bit in my cordless and attacked them worked a treat.

took about 2-3 hours to clean all the hubs and calipers up, spray them, clean all the arches and around them and then randomly try and use up the rest off my massive can of black spray paint by spraying anything black blacker.

then finally had a play with my magic gold marker

306 GTI-6
If you have the standard 15s on your car, 16s fitted with 195/45/16 tyres should be the right size. Thats what I ran on my OZ Super-Ts