ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

caliper/brake pad question

clio 172
just to let you all know from the start I am virgin at working on cars so everything i do is from guides off this website so bare with me. I changed the rear discs on my 2003 172 because one of the bearings was gone, after taking the wheels off i noticed that only 1 of the brake pads off each caliper had the metal clip on the back of it(the pad towards the outside of the calipers), but on all the pictures iv seen on guides both pads have them, so just wondering really how will this effect it or if im just worrying about something that doesnt matter? but its all back to gether now and seems of just need to tighten up the handbrake,
cheers

clio 172
i carnt see them falling out beacause they wont get past the calliper bolt holes and theyre a bit of a tight fit in the caliper, but where can i get the extra bits from? renault?

SQ5
Yea or halfords, you get a whole kit, you get an l shape shim and R clip an the anti rattle parts.

Pads do fall out easily if all parts aren't there