ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAF plates - Got bored and created stuff.

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
So i got to doing the CAF and i thought right ive seen some nice CAFs made from some guys on here using the existing fog light plastic but i don't really like messing around with cutting out plastic and what not, im not very coordinated with a hacksaw, so here's what i came up with....I sketched out around the existing plastic part of the fog light that holds the light into the bumper, then got myself a sheet of 2mm aluminium ...then used a CNC plasma cutter...

[video=facebook;10150655608971714]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150655608971714[/video]

Which leads to this..

IMG_1093.jpgsdc11380l.jpgsdc11382r.jpgIMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1092.jpgIMG_1095.jpgIMG_1094.jpgsdc11386.jpg

Thoughts and opinions welcome, just thought i'd share it with you :)

Cheers Scott.

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
wasn't entirely sure which section to post this into. so sorry if its not in the correct one. Feel free to move admins lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Good work! Might try this myself! Unless you decide to start sellin em? ;) (Ph2 though)

Where'd you get the trumpets?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ah right, i had some off a pipercross viper on my ph1 but ph2 fog light surrounds look smaller. Got a link mate?

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
Good work that. How are the trumpets held in the plates, and how are the plates attached to the car?

Using Clear Silicone Adhesive, from the rear of the plate to the bumper and inbetween the trumpets and the plates. It is extremely strong, waterproof and also can give a little once fully cured. Horrible smell though.

RS6 C7
I take it you do this kind of thing for a living? Can you possibly PM me some details of the company you work for / own as i have a few products that need making that you could possibly do.

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
Nope sorry its not what i do, I do Motorsport Engineering, just offered my University head of course a few pints if i could come in during easter and use the CNC machine for abit. He got pretty interested when i told him i was building a car for hillclimbing and sprint at home. So yeh would be really cool to own a few of these bad boys and make some stuff for the guys on here, i love making stuff.

RS6 C7
Nope sorry its not what i do, I do Motorsport Engineering, just offered my University head of course a few pints if i could come in during easter and use the CNC machine for abit. He got pretty interested when i told him i was building a car for hillclimbing and sprint at home. So yeh would be really cool to own a few of these bad boys and make some stuff for the guys on here, i love making stuff.
Iv'e got CNC lathes / millers so if you ever need anything give me a shout, I think i need to invest in a laser machine next.

RS6 C7
Thanks Cotball and yes, it's a serious bit of kit. Must be a fair few pennies for One!

I know they used to be over 100k for a large one but that was a fair few years back, I think they may have come down as alot of places seem to be picking them up recently.