ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell Park Renaultsport video footage

One of many video's to be uploaded, this one features Adam? Foxy's stand in driver, he can be excused for not checking his mirror's, as clearly Foxy hadn't breifed him on their existance prior to leaving the paddock :rasp:

Also features Daz Cup, but the red flag stopped play, having said that 10 seconds prior to the red flag the nearside rear wheel bearing let go :eek:

Looking back that was probably the best corner for it too happen, had it happened on any other right hander i'm sure i'd have made contact with something :dapprove:

Here's the link, no idea how to do a embed as every time i try it doesn't work :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqJg2mWmv70

Enjoy
Chris

Recaro'd 182
what kinda lap times was you doing? tried looking on your video but it jumps about it. just wondering what times other people were roughly getting.

lol at adam, oh dear.

Chris/480, did you get any footage when it was me driving then I let you pass, to which shortly after my wheel nearly came off? lol

No Timing's allowed :nono::nono:

Having said that, the video's are showing a best lap time of 1:49 for the day, although most are between 1:50 and 1:53 depending on traffic, then there's a few heading for 2 minutes when i got slowed by more relaxed drivers ;)

I reckon one of the quickest would have been Paul (Fishcake) early on in the day when he was on slicks he must have lapped at around 1:47 or maybe a touch better, judging by my lap times and the distance he pulled on me.

Chris

lol at adam, oh dear.

Chris/480, did you get any footage when it was me driving then I let you pass, to which shortly after my wheel nearly came off? lol

Yeah foxy i've got that too, i'll sort it out and get it uploaded tonight ;)

Chris

172 sport
A very lucky escape there Chris with the wheel bearing,could have been very nasty at the top of the goose neck,if you dig a wheel in on the grass there and roll,you don't stop until you get to the bottom of the hill:dead:,well held though:cool:.
Watching the video,I still think yours puts the power down coming out of the corners alot better than mine:(

Mk1 F4R
Ha Ha lol at my driving in f0xy's car in the first bit of the vid
If it was my car and i knew the limits of the it im sure i would of done alot better. when i let you past i kept up for a bit then droped back to have a play with the mk1 clio cup
all in all a gread day at cadwell again :D

[youtube]SQenoIRIal8[/youtube]

nice video, I get away slightly on the straights and you catch up on corners.....better tyres needed for me :boring:

yeah you pull away on the straights, even Paul said the same when he was behind you.

When i was out with Adam, you can see that it's when i go for 4th gear the gap starts there, up to that point there's nothing in it. I would imagine if we was at the drag strip, the difference would be noticable by quite a bit.

Not sure if it's down to the lighter car or better engine (is yours standard?)

Chris

Standard engine just no PAS etc at the moment....running the 1.8 gearbox though maybe the shorter ratios help?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I would expect Foxys to be a bit quicker and is about right. A Hyrbid with a 172 engine is a good weapon. That sort of power is similar to a cammed and mapped williams which is a bit quicker then 1*2's.

So the car in front pulls away on the straights and the car behind catches up in the corners?

Well who would have thought it?

Remind me again which car accelerates first from the corner and which one brakes first into the next corner and how this will affect track distance?

TVR Cerbera
yeah you pull away on the straights, even Paul said the same when he was behind you.

When i was out with Adam, you can see that it's when i go for 4th gear the gap starts there, up to that point there's nothing in it. I would imagine if we was at the drag strip, the difference would be noticable by quite a bit.

Not sure if it's down to the lighter car or better engine (is yours standard?)

Chris

I'd put it down to f0xy's being lighter for the straights and you being more committed in the corners, lets face it, you were catching me and i have 50 ish more bhp!

So the car in front pulls away on the straights and the car behind catches up in the corners?

Well who would have thought it?

Remind me again which car accelerates first from the corner and which one brakes first into the next corner and how this will affect track distance?

Maybe you should have watched the videos before posting :nono::rolleyes: