ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell Park 7th July... In the Trophy

Trophy #473
What a Great day! Alot better track than Rockingham and deffinatly alot more suited to the Clio. Was great to meet a load of you again and meet some new faces too! Glad Adam got his car sorted and thanks for the ride!
I had SOOOO much fun but I now need 4 new PE2's (which I must say did exceptionaly well through out the day) and a bit of T cut on the 'Bad side' after a slight off but that still didnt detract from the fact it was an EPIC DAY!

Anyway, pitures paint a thousands words... mostly being Brapppp in this instance!

They have been resized before the upload to PB so if anyone wants Hi res just pm.

DSC_8772.jpg

DSC_8749.jpg

DSC_8748.jpg

DSC_8747.jpg

DSC_8746.jpg

DSC_8696.jpg

DSC_8695.jpg

DSC_8694.jpg

DSC_8402.jpg

DSC_8155.jpg

DSC_7649.jpg

DSC_7618.jpg

DSC_7581.jpg

DSC_7558.jpg

DSC_7347.jpg

DSC_7346.jpg

DSC_7345.jpg

DSC_7321.jpg

DSC_7297.jpg

DSC_7273.jpg

DSC_6970.jpg

DSC_6924.jpg

DSC_6697.jpg

DSC_6696.jpg

DSC_6673.jpg

DSC_8792.jpg

Brilliant photos! Puts mine to shame :(

I got a load of your car but I'm not sure how they've come out yet - I'll post them up tonight

After watching you guys all day yesterday I'm DEFINATLY doing the next cadwell day lol

Trophy #473
Got the photos from the the easytrack dude £30 for 45 of them :)

Cheers for the comments, it was a hoot!

172 cup
ahh thought as much. Tempted to ring them and get mine, some good ones there and they had a few good ones of mine by lunch time

Got the photos from the the easytrack dude £30 for 45 of them :)

Cheers for the comments, it was a hoot!

How Much!?

ahh thought as much. Tempted to ring them and get mine, some good ones there and they had a few good ones of mine by lunch time

They're alright, but not amazing, I don't think they're much better than mine TBH, and mine are poor by my standards.

Listening to Riley go up the mountain was hilarious.. wheel spin the entire length of it lol

Nathan not suprised you need new tyres after the way you attack those corners at the bottom of the mountain - tyre squeel round both EVERY lap lol - you're the only one who did - nutter!

Mk1 F4R
Was good to see you again mate wot did you think of my car then
good photos and the car looks amazing

Love this one ;) keep up lol
DSC_6697.jpg

JDM Dc2
OMG think it is me isnt it lol

arrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol

was an awesome day nathan, was going really well!

Got a bit of footage of your car Nathan, not the best, but it's when you went a bit deep in to "mansfield"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKCkHeqy1iA

1st time out for me in the car, only started building it at the end of may, hit a few teething problems, one of which was far too soft springs, still gives me something to do before oulton next month.

Good to see some old faces once again ;)

BMW M5 & E36
Got a bit of footage of your car Nathan, not the best, but it's when you went a bit deep in to "mansfield"

1st time out for me in the car, only started building it at the end of may, hit a few teething problems, one of which was far too soft springs, still gives me something to do before oulton next month.

Good to see you Chris, shame about the slight mishap but it'll keep you busy :approve:

Mk1 F4R
Thats why its called the mountain lol

1st to the 7th pic are of the top and bottom of the mountain differen angles

Last edited:
  Trophy #473
Lol @ the Video, I came in way to fast and the brakes just fadded! Someone was pushing me from behind ;)

Yeah that pictures with Jamie in the car, this was taken after but I look a right tool!

DSC_8156.jpg

Cars awsome Adam, was impressed with the brakes! Cheers for the Helmet too Chris :) saves me borrowing one every time!

Im glad I was entertaining :) I cheeked my tyres when I got home, only 1 was propper illegal, the rest had 1.6 ish mm... but no sidewalls at all... I played with the pressures in the morning but settled on 35 hot front and 30 hot rear in the end as I found it gave better turn in and less roll but over all grip was spot on, very impressed with the wear tbh

Only thing I would change for the next one would be my brakes, fade was a massive issue and I had to brake very early to try not to cook them like I did at Rockingham. Id also be tempted to try some R888's or the like to see how much of a difference it would make... and save me wearing my road tyres because this is my daily driver.

Wheres that picture of me sideways in the Hall Bends, think Jord had it on his camera?

Was it you in the scooby?

Sounded awesome - got a picture of it up near the top with flames out the exhaust - I'll post it up this weekend :D

Trophy #473
They where about 1.8mm on the front and the rears pretty much on the wear markers. I changed them round front to back before the day as I wore the fronts to the wear markers at Rockingam 2 weeks before. They seem to have worn pretty well and im not the smoothest of drivers either.
The front pair, which are now on the back (on the wear markers) where new at the beginning of Feb, so they've had about 4500 miles worth of road wear and 2 track days...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice pictures!!

Seems you had a good day ... is the Trophy standard suspension wise at the mo, or have you been tempted by Mark Fish goodies? More importantly, do you think it needs anything else?

Trophy #473
Yeah the T is standard bar some HC's and £35 K tec pads I got for free. If im totaly honest Dave I dont think the car needs anything else other than better pads and lines.
Im yet to unpin the dampers and have a play with them but without adjusting the rears I think it maybe a waste of time/money considering I doubt it will add any more enjoyment on track but will make the car less of a joy to drive day to day.

I think other than the brakes I would get some dedicated track wheels/tyres to save me wearing my the road ones.

Have you taken yours on track yet?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah the T is standard bar some HC's and £35 K tec pads I got for free. If im totaly honest Dave I dont think the car needs anything else other than better pads and lines.
Im yet to unpin the dampers and have a play with them but without adjusting the rears I think it maybe a waste of time/money considering I doubt it will add any more enjoyment on track but will make the car less of a joy to drive day to day.

I think other than the brakes I would get some dedicated track wheels/tyres to save me wearing my the road ones.

You just saved me £250 buying some MF rear dampers then ;)

I'm taking mine on track at Snetterton in August, already got some spare 15's, braided lines, HC's, DS2500's & 4 point harnesses so that should do me for a while!! As you say, its enjoyment thats the important bit ...

I just like tinkering with things, unfortunately the Trophy doesnt really need it :eek:

Trophy #473
With that brake set up it should be spot on, Im currently making some cup racer style ducts that can be fitted without cutting the fog light brakets to help keep the brakes cool, so that should help too.

Yeah, dont bother tinkering with it until you've tracked it as a standard car, then decide if you want to change anything. Afterwards you may want to but for me, imo, its perfect. I was going to get some harnesses... but just used the old seat belt locking trick :)

Let me know how you get on tho!

200 Gordini

Not too bad then. I've got 4 new PE2s waiting to go on, I want to get on track in the next couple of months but don't want to kill off the new tires straight away. Was thinking spare wheels etc but yours held up pretty well.

What is the seat belt locking trick? :eek: