ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cable throttle for a 182

172/1.2/E30
oem ecu isnt capable of this, you would need to get an aftermarket one. only makes sense when going the itb route imo

Cup Packed BG 182
is the no possible way of std management running cable throttle, maybe by some way adapting the pedal position sensor? i would be wanting to run itb's just seeing how it would be possible on std management.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I second this.

I would love to convert my 172 cup to throttle cable, drive by wire feels so sloppy and un-responsive! I always thought it must be possible by combining phase 1 ecu, cable throttle body, ph1 pedal and ignition barrel with the key?? without having to go down an aftermarket ECU route. Surely the ph2 ecu loom could be modified to work with ph1 ecu and cable throttle????

Samuel

ITB'd MK1
is the no possible way of std management running cable throttle, maybe by some way adapting the pedal position sensor? i would be wanting to run itb's just seeing how it would be possible on std management.

would be a bit of a waste of your time. the only car thats had it done (on a ph1 ecu) was sold on, and the new owner significantly unimpressed with the way the car drove, so converted to standalone (and stuck the engine in a mk1).

Lionel Richie
you could buy the conversion kit from r-sport, doubt you can anymore now, i did about 5cars, was nice, but expensive! (cira £2K)