ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cable routing

clio 182 cup
Hello can any one help me i need to feed 4 cables from my battrie to my dash board does any one no where i can route them through thanks

Black R27+08 Swift Sport
Hello can any one help me i need to feed 4 cables from my battrie to my dash board does any one no where i can route them through thanks
Had a nightmare with this in my 182, the best way i found was to unclip and lift up the header tank(expantion tank) this is the bottle were your antifreeze/summer coolant goes look on the bulk head straight up from the battery. If you look at it it has a simple clip mounting that you can just push in then slide the bottle off the bracket and gently move it out the way with all the pipes still on! CAUTION-ONLY DO THIS WHEN THE CAR IS COLD IF A PIPE DID SLIP OFF YOU DONT WANT SCAULDING WATER BLASTING OUT!!!
AS soon as its out the way you will see a gromit were the bonnet release cable runs into the car, it comes out in the passanger footwell so you will need to look right up under the dash!
Hope this helps, it took me longer to find the route to run the cables than it did to actually fit them once i worked it out!
Hope this helps chap!

clio 182 cup
Had a nightmare with this in my 182, the best way i found was to unclip and lift up the header tank(expantion tank) this is the bottle were your antifreeze/summer coolant goes look on the bulk head straight up from the battery. If you look at it it has a simple clip mounting that you can just push in then slide the bottle off the bracket and gently move it out the way with all the pipes still on! CAUTION-ONLY DO THIS WHEN THE CAR IS COLD IF A PIPE DID SLIP OFF YOU DONT WANT SCAULDING WATER BLASTING OUT!!!
AS soon as its out the way you will see a gromit were the bonnet release cable runs into the car, it comes out in the passanger footwell so you will need to look right up under the dash!
Hope this helps, it took me longer to find the route to run the cables than it did to actually fit them once i worked it out!
Hope this helps chap!

thanks mate i need all the help i can get as ive never done any work on clios ill pm you if i have any problems if thats all good thanks