ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cable lenth for battery replacement in the inside

Clio RS
Hi together,

could some one help with the required cable length for replacing battery under the co driver seat? For the plus cable. Is 3 meters enough?

Also weher du you connect the Battrie „–„ inside oft he car? Which legth of black “_” Cable is required roughly

The best thing to do is get some string and route it where you want the cable to go. That way you'll know for sure how long YOU will need.

I've got my battery behind my seat, but the power cable runs to the center console for a cut off switch, so for example.. copying my cable length would be no use to you. (unless you were doing the same).

The earth/black/negative wire just needs to be as long as the position to the nearest earth. Mine is about 7 inches. But again, you should string it so you know for sure how long you need for where you want to put your battery and route your cables.

A good tip is to go to a scrap yard and grab the battery cable from a car which has the battery in the boot as standard. Like a 3.2 Audi TT. Could pick up the cable for less than half the price over buying new.

Clio RS
I took a look in your Project thread and your cup is so great
there i found this

iPhone5810_zps82ebac89.jpg

Also the route of the read battery cable is Looks fine for me. Also the Location of the battery. But without the disconnector Switch.