ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
You've still got to go meets! Might have a little bit if a drift set up for you at Chester!

Okay, so I ended up renewing.

Basically, if you don't pay your fee you can only make five posts per day. Talk about a gash and sheer desperate attempt to make money. Guess it's working though, as I've renewed...

So yeah, hi, your token non-Clio owner is back. :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yup. Although it's more a r****d limitaton measure than a revenue earner ;)

CS is a powerful thing, it burrows under your skin and takes a firm hold.

Haha, I do like certain sections/threads.

I can't help but feel that it's a revenue earner, based on their recent placement of adverts and keyword scanning.

This, coupled with 5 posts per day and it suddenly seems like a desperate attempt to make more cash. Ah well, not my forum is it!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Haha, I do like certain sections/threads.

I can't help but feel that it's a revenue earner, based on their recent placement of adverts and keyword scanning.

This, coupled with 5 posts per day and it suddenly seems like a desperate attempt to make more cash. Ah well, not my forum is it!

Right Tom, I'll contact a Mod and get this thread removed as you've come back! pmsl ;)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
It's only limited to 5 posts in 'The lounge' section (so general chat mainly).

You can post in any of the clio related sections as much as you like. :approve:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
And what year it has been for Tom!
Give us a recap Tom ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just seems strange, he's only just finished his first year. :S

Lol!

But, you're wrong because my 172 didn't break. I had just come to the realisation that I like luxury a little too much and my missus wouldn't have been pleased with me buying another 197/200 within 2 months of selling up lol.

I wish I'd just kept the 197 and just got the manifold fixed, rather than buying a 172 aswell!

I didn't even drive the 172, owned it for two months and sold up, losing a few hundred pounds...

Come to think of it, I've blown a f*cking tonne of cash on cars in the last 2/3 years. Litterally, not including the finance on some of these cars, I could've easily had a house deposit or two... Makes me sad. :(

Now, I've got a boring Audi in a nice colour. :/

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
There was a brand new polo too which went up in flames.
The 172 cup was nice too. Taken you to pick that up! Nice drive back ;)

I liked the 197 the best though. Those turini's on it!

Didn't buy anything special...

November 2010 - January 2011
2001 Vauxhall Corsa C: Head gasket went, lost 2k in 3 months, didn't claim on insurance.

March 2011 - March 2011
2011 VW Polo: After 27 short days of ownership, someone set it on fire and Ihad to make a 14k insurance claim.

May 2011 - December 2011
2011 Renault Clio 1.2 TomTom thing - Payed £5k on insurance, realised that the insurance was more or less maxed out and that I could get a 197 for the same price. Not including finance payments or insurance costs, I lost 3k on this due to the deposit and clearing negative equity.

December 2011 - June 2012
Renault Clio 197 - Had to reinsure this, lost 6 months insurance. Broke the manifold and CBA to sort it as I had a 172 cup. Sold it with about £500 of mods on it, lost a fair bit on my wheels too... Not including finance payments or insurance costs, I lost 4k on this due to the deposit and clearing negative equity.

June 2012 - August 2012
Renault Clio Cup 172. Bought it outright for 2.4k, sold up for 1.8k having never drove it. :/

June 2012 - Now
2011 Ford KA for the missus.

August 2012 - Now
2009 Audi A3 for me.

Despite this right amount of dicking around, I am pleased to say that with the exception of the finance itself, I have no debt lol - somehow?! haha

Pics - sorry for the crap pics, in some cases, they were all I could find.

Corsa C

149868_477801593128_8238923_n.jpg

Polo

6821811637_72f0f70ed6_z.png
Day of Collection by Tom Cash, on Flickr

6821815973_a0e3fd4629_z.png
New "FA11 LLL" Plates by Tom Cash, on Flickr

6821837589_4ef35f0c42_z.png
VW Polo the Morning After by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Wrote about this here > http://www.tomcash.co.uk/2011-vw-polo-fire/

1.2 TomTom Clio

Only pic I have - trolling someone at work.

6828781267_5c0cc8da44_z.png
Trololol by Tom Cash, on Flickr

197 Clio

Day after collection

6788547951_74317a9c40_z.png
Day After Collection by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Last picture I ever took of it...

7285264502_a4cb435fa0_z.png
Clio 197 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Audi A3

7648685912_cbed086231_z.png
Audi A3 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

No pics of the 172 or the KA, I'm afraid.

To date, the 197 was the best car I've ever had and I can safely say I miss it like hell.