ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye car :-(

Clio 172 ph2
Well I decided that I wanted to let someone else enjoy my pride and joy and that I could buy somthing with a slightly better spec and somthing. That wouldn’t set me back much money.

So sold the car tonight for £2200. And going down to slough on wed to pick up a 172 ph1 with 106k but from the things that the seller has told me it’s been looked after well.

So al put a pic of the old car (172 ph2) and the new (172 ph1) with spec.
b6ec00ed7a4c15e0b9e1b090e9c43e6b.jpg
f849ff414312f1e90dd53059f5098999.jpg

So that’s the old car spec below.

Spec..
Power flex top right engine mount (brand new mount and Bush one month old)
Evol engineering lower gearbox mount (race spec 3months old)
Bmc air intake
Full custom exhaust system including decat (5months old)
Brand new brembo hc max groved discs at front with brand new pbs pads
brand new rear brembo discs and pads
Tow eye
Mono steering wheel
Just been serviced with shell helix.
Remapped last month by arc motorsport Kilmarnock (gi motorsport)

And new car.
1ddc917351c2ac905c9a0fe6f03c5bb7.jpg
5c51d481f2279b553edbc8fa856d4a13.jpg
5b5006d4234b163c2f8569b3d4605173.jpg
a8eb68e596e5643f30d5c2bc5ddd6720.jpg
f7038e90de2a231a8b01742c73ff42a3.jpg
c97a9de22f2277fcfd85cb9affb35194.jpg
2704d0db6b5fe4153c96026919944873.jpg
3ab9c047c0ffd5e859a3d3eb3b3d01e8.jpg
4aefd0300652bb87158a8cc9078ceed7.jpg
1b67b78910fca837fd6344095574263b.jpg
a3cf53e021dc8813265b4163b5d76c0e.jpg
71bc251dda2bd39f1501965b94ef6b78.jpg

Let me know what you’s think guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 ph2
For some reason I recognise the reg :/. Have belts been done, apologies if I scanned over it.

@NorthloopCup ref gearbox. But budget £500 ish

Yeah belts have been done with proof. Seems like engine dynamics have done a fair bit of work on the car. He was wanting£2600 and wouldn’t budge from£2400 what u think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clio 172 ph2
So you sold a tidy 172, and then spent more on buying an older 172, ph1, with a gearbox problem?

Don’t make me feel bad haha. But in essence yes well I haven’t bought it as yet so to speak until wed. But I love the ph1 and they are getting rarer my dad still has his and I love the whole long front end etc.

What would yous do? Have I made a mistake[emoji31]or can I still find a diamond in the rough for my money.

I did want a turboed 172 but just trying to justify £5 the misses wasn’t having it haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Gonna be honest and nice.

Keep yours if you can. It’s going to owe 3k in just obvious repairs, factor in other stuff and of course rust.

I honestly think you will be going no where with this. Is the owner on here, the reg is familiar.

Clio 172 ph2
Gonna be honest and nice.

Keep yours if you can. It’s going to owe 3k in just obvious repairs, factor in other stuff and of course rust.

I honestly think you will be going no where with this. Is the owner on here, the reg is familiar.

I can’t keep it it’s gone [emoji85][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]. Or do I spend more and buy something special (Clio wise)?. Bare in mind I bought my 172 for £1000 and got £2200 back for it. Do you think going for thisnph1 is a bad idea.

Clio 172 ph2
The owner isn’t on here but according to him the former owner is but I can’t seem to find him

Clio 172 ph2
What should I be looking out for and for the money a ph1 with 106k for £2400 is that an ok buy or a waste of money

Megane R26
8 nearly Bought this back a couple of weeks ago at same price I sold it for but had a quick poke around the rear os arch thru the rear door Cards.

Needs a fair bit of rust cut out! So I walked away after he wouldn't budge on price.

Attachments

• DSC_2359.JPG
    DSC_2359.JPG
    860.8 KB · Views: 252
  Clio 172 ph2
8 nearly Bought this back a couple of weeks ago at same price I sold it for but had a quick poke around the rear os arch thru the rear door Cards.

Needs a fair bit of rust cut out! So I walked away after he wouldn't budge on price.

So this rust is on the car am looking to buy yeah?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That Ph1 looks nice.

Honestly depends what you want from a car. But you can pickup a tired Ph1 for less than a grand, less than 2k you will expect body defects. I suppose it's strong money for an old car. But its 2.5k ffs.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It's a no from me, not at that price.

The fact he's not told you about the rust, no matter how minor, would start ringing alarm bells to me.

Clio 172 ph2
Thanks guys for your input here as I know to some people 2k ain’t much money but wen u have kids a house family etc etc it adds up and all I want is a lovely wee Clio to replace my old one if not better.

I can thought put more money in like for example olly on here with the Clio Monaco turbo for sale stunning car and still very tempted so my options are still kinda of open it’s just wither it is financially right for me

Land Rover
The price seems high.

I recently bought a pristine 182 in Racing Blue with flawless bodywork (bar a few tiny dents removed for £30), and an almost perfect interior for £2600 which included a private plate valued at over £500.

It’s had a fortune spent on it with a full suspension setup new tyres custom remap etc

It needs a gearbox repair as it’s got a bit of a whine but even with that done l’m only in it for just over £3,000

172 Turbo
Anyone who sells a car with words "It's an X year old car" I'd be walking away anyway. That rust will kill it.

I'd have kept the other car than buy that.

As an example, my gearbox rebuild was £700 from NLC - you don't know what's wrong with them until they are apart and are you then just going to say fix the leak and ignore the knackered selectors. Then add on to that £1000 diff.

Shame the Mrs won't let you buy a good one, make sure that every time she buys shoes or bags that you tell her not to waste her money,

Clio 172 ph2
The price seems high.

I recently bought a pristine 182 in Racing Blue with an almost perfect interior for £2600 which included a private plate valued at over £500.

It’s had a fortune spent on it with a full suspension setup new tyres custom remap etc

It needs a gearbox repair as it’s got a bit of a whine but even with that done l’m only in it for just over £3,000

Perfect example of a good decent buy. The car I sold to my dad the 172 ph1 is mint no rust and runs great considering it’s only done 37k I would hope so lol.

I am not after a car that is mint but I want a car that has been looked after and that I can trust and is reliable for the odd track day.

Clio 172 ph2
Anyone who sells a car with words "It's an X year old car" I'd be walking away anyway. That rust will kill it.

I'd have kept the other car than buy that.

As an example, my gearbox rebuild was £700 from NLC - you don't know what's wrong with them until they are apart and are you then just going to say fix the leak and ignore the knackered selectors. Then add on to that £1000 diff.

Shame the Mrs won't let you buy a good one, make sure that every time she buys shoes or bags that you tell her not to waste her money,

Haha that’s true mate.

But end of the day i suppose if I really want the car that I want I can spend that extra money which is fine but I would just be even more couscous. Olly on here with the Monaco turbo his car looks absolutely mint from the picture but 5k plus is still a fair amount of money to part with no matter what.

But I suppose end of the day he is a well known member on here which tbh does make such a huge difference

172 Turbo
If spending 5k plus on a 172, I'd not be buying one with standard suspension, especially if wanting to do track time.

Mine has Billies and even they are compromised on track. You can hear the tyre v inner arch here and that video is standard Brembo pads, and road tyres so not even trying so you've got an £800+ bill incoming. I'd not run standard Cup shocks on a track car again.

Megane R26
Sorry just seen this.
Rust has not been patched up at all. That's total bullshit. Definitely walk away, he's a massive c**k. I build the car up from standard and was keen to have it back but then spotted that rust. It'll be worst than it looks

Clio 172 ph2
Sorry just seen this.
Rust has not been patched up at all. That's total bullshit. Definitely walk away, he's a massive c**k. I build the car up from standard and was keen to have it back but then spotted that rust. It'll be worst than it looks

Thanks mate honestly. These are reasons why it is good to be apart of a car club as if I wasn’t I would of more than likely bought that car.

But thanks to everyone for the advise just makes me cautious wen buying another car and what to look out for. As they say a fool and there money is easily parted. Well not in this case thanks to yous[emoji108][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk