ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying the right rad

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
struggling to find a radiator that im pleased is mine online,got 4 tabs open just now and all of them aint makin no sence,

theres to many core sizes and outer sizes and pipe intake sizes blah blah blah a/c

car is a 1.6 16v (99) with a/c for any1 who can take this info and magicially name me a rad lol

where on my radiator would i maybe find sizes or ren product number?

theres to many to choose from and my wages are in the bank tnite and looking for a order tmorow before half 7 b4 i go to work so i can chance a sat delivery an fix this bloody thing lol

renault 6 miles away are 115+vat for it local motor factors are 160!

finding between 50ish and 100 online

ANY THANKS WOULD BE BRILL CHEERS!

on the air-con rad the rivets on the bottom 2 brackets have worn/fuked/disapeard so cable ties,the top still has the brackets but one rivet gone on one side so the bracket moves but the rad is fukd so the bracket fixings wont work so more cable ties lol not getting a new air-con just sticking with the cable ties and looking for a new rad, the battery side of the radiator whilst looking from the fan side the very top cores or the bits is where the leaks from radweld dogturd and even sum other stuff who knows wot it was called(black bottle,sure it was like torquoise writing) these aint managed to get to the top of the radiator or just not working thier magic on the leak:(

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i need a 480x414x28 with air con without the fixing pins facing the wings,with the space for the top rad rubber fixings and the correct fan fitting of 250 in the center with 100mm out from that,the air con side needs 100mm in from the sides.
looking on the sites i cant find a core size that matches the rad i need,with and without aircon+engine size makes no difference

:(

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
yeah free delivery and good price,77 all in but wouldave been 20 quid t deliver sat
not quite sure yet was going to go to renault after work but they finished at 4 an i was there at 5 past lol typical,ren are going to be 115 all in but its there and then and i can fit it tomorow but......could wait of and get one monday or tues but ive used rad weld and bars leak threw the last week and a half have bought coolant flush today for tring to get all traces of these 'magic potions' outa my engine etc so a few more days driving could do more damage that i have no doubt done in the last week an a bit

:(

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I've just bought a new one and didn't realise there was such a difference

new one is about an inch taller than the old one and there's no way it's going to fit :(

Skoda Fabia vRS
just buy the Renault one and be done with it, give em your reg and you will get the correct one with no fuss, it amazes me how the factors can supply you the correct air filter every time, yet when it comes to rads they are always wrong

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
thats my adrad http://www.adrad.co.uk/redesign/prices.php?id=RT419&model=RENAULT&make=CLIO

or this
http://www.adrad.co.uk/redesign/prices.php?id=RT419Q&model=RENAULT&make=CLIO

its all about the fixings for the fan+a/c being right and the actual rad fixings either 2 pins on the bottom and space at the top for the rubber holders or 2 pins at the top pointing the wings

adrad are going to be 73 deliverd or oem is 110 i think my car is living on about an inch and a half drop a day with steam from the top of the rad so im saving the money and will get my rad deliverd tues maybe wed but needing 2 new tyres so mite buy them and get them first then rad next week lol

Golf GTD Mk7
That's the one that Jay fitted to his. slightly lighter than standard. I'd be suprised if the AC won't fit, but the fan definately will. You could always give them a bell though