ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying info please help.

Clio 172
Hi

Viewed a flame red 172 today. Something suprised me though when were discussing a potential sale the salesman said "years mot, years parts and labour warranty" I asked about tax to which he replied "none of our cars come with tax" I always thought if purchased from a trader the screen price is the 'on the road' price therefore must be included can anybody confirm this please :S?

Many thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Only when you buy a new car. but its not free you still have to pay for it, they just hide it in the price.

buying a used car is different. could ask for 6 months tax?

White clique
its pretty normal not to have tax on a used car, i recall having to buy it for most of mine that are through a dealer.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
None of my cars come with tax, unless the previous owner left it on there.

You have to buy the tax when you buy a new car, they add it onto the registration fee, it may be chucked in sometimes to sweeten the deal.
On used cars most traders cash it in.

Clio 172
thanks for the input i was always under the impression tax and mot had to be included obviously not. its not only a hassle but where do i stand legally? to tax a car i must have an insurance cover note therefore i have to change my policy which means driving the car im part x'in im not insured for and then driving the new car to the post office im not taxed for. he was definate about not taxing it though so going to have to do all of the above arghhhh!!!

Ph1
Got to say im suprised at this too. Id tell them to do one if the car didnt have tax on it, bought from a dealership

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
thanks for the input i was always under the impression tax and mot had to be included obviously not. its not only a hassle but where do i stand legally? to tax a car i must have an insurance cover note therefore i have to change my policy which means driving the car im part x'in im not insured for and then driving the new car to the post office im not taxed for. he was definate about not taxing it though so going to have to do all of the above arghhhh!!!

Ask them to include it in the deal. nothing to lose....

Or pay them to tax it..................

IMO I wouldn't buy a car without an MOT, get them to put it through ( if it will pass)