ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying cat c

Land Rover
These cars are worth so little right now

I remember when 205 GTi’s were £1500 now a decent one is £10,000

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I know no one wants a recorded car but with the age of these, a very minor bump could write them off.

You could go find one next week that’s had a worse accident 10 years ago, but because it was worth more at the time it was just repaired and you’d probably never know.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Unless you can see pics of the damage you just never know, also if it was related to the crash structure in any way has it been bodged back together with the cheapest pattern parts? I think you were wise to walk away TBH.

Clio 197,with megan'
I purchased my Cat C shed, from Glen, who purchased it from Litchy.It was in poor condition, and I overpaid for it,BUT , now having spent a year, and a fair bit of money, all is finally sorted.Worth it?. For me, yes, but stupid folly for anyone with any sense. 320/340 in a Clio, is great fun. The one thing to let it down?. The driver!.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well I've just been to put a deposit on a flame red 172. 87k clean hpi, bit scruffy in places but I can work on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181111-113936.jpg
    Screenshot_20181111-113936.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 32

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm doing that thing now where you over scrutinise and see stuff that you didn't when looking at it through rose tinted glasses on a wet Sunday

Land Rover
You should have bought my RB 182, it’s pretty much perfect.
Although l can’t win, the last person to view it said it was “too good” and he’d be “afraid to leave it anywhere” !!