ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a Williams 2 - Advice needer

Right, im going to look at a 1995 Williams 2 tommorrow and would like some advice! Ive had a few 19 16vs, my current one for about 4 years so ive got a pretty good idea of what to look out for engine wise, as im guessing the 1.8 16vs faults are also there on the Williams engine. Apart from the usual bodywork/paint condition, and welding, what else should i pay particualr attention to?

The car has covered 100k miles with 2 owners, and has a full Renault service history upto 85k in 2003, so sounds like its had a good start to life. The second owner had the car services, but only at a local garage.

Any advice you can give on what to look out for would be really helpful. The seller has told me it has a "slight noise" from the power steering pump (ive had quotes of £220 for the pump from Renault, and £210 to fit locally), and the car also has a small amount of rust bubbling on the rear arches and tailgate

Many thanks

Cheers, but this one im getting for £2k (from ebay), and id guess youre after a fari bit more than that! Im only going to have it as a second car, to use for work and running about and stuff, so cant afford to shell out loads, but cheers for the offer Matt

Well are there any areas where the Williams suffers badly? Suspension or gearbox maybe?? Ive heard that the exhaust manifolds can have trouble so ill have a listen and poke about there

Once ive bought it, ive gotta drive it about 150 miles home so at least once i get it home i should have a good idea if its a good one or not..... just hope i dont get home and find out its not!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Engine mounts go quite often & You are rite about the manifold( Well im not sure if its common to go,but mine needed replacing) Mine has noisey power steering too! A real stiff clutch pedal means its on the way out..........