ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a renaultsport isnt anywhere near as easy as it used to be!!!!

ph1 track weapon
currently trying to get myself what i hope will be the final renaultsport!

BUT

im struggling to buy one! every single car i look at is either sold and they havent bothered to remove the ad, or I win the auction and i never hear anything back! (this has happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks and each time theyve have 4 days to get in contact). and the third issue is that most of them are way up north!

having a fairly low budget for a cup doesnt help, but even ph1s seem to be fairly thin on the ground, even since last year when i bought the last one!?

i know its a little bit of a pointles whinge, but meh!

172 cup
Whats your criteria edewer? Im constantly on the look to buy and will let you know if I find anything localish to me

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
currently trying to get myself what i hope will be the final renaultsport!

BUT

im struggling to buy one! every single car i look at is either sold and they havent bothered to remove the ad, or I win the auction and i never hear anything back! (this has happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks and each time theyve have 4 days to get in contact). and the third issue is that most of them are way up north!

having a fairly low budget for a cup doesnt help, but even ph1s seem to be fairly thin on the ground, even since last year when i bought the last one!?

i know its a little bit of a pointles whinge, but meh!

Same here, we might be competing. Either they have no service history (= too big a risk), they're been to KTR, for sale near to Ben Nevis or been driven through a hedge and kerbed. I suppose the good standard examples do sell quickly because they are in demand.

ph1 track weapon
Managed to sort one. On eBay 56k miles and a full history, made an ambitious offer of £1900 and was accepted :)

Stagecoach Ticket
most small 2.0 hot hatchs that are 10 yrs old and cheap would have been modfied at some stage though even if they appear standard before sale

ph1 track weapon
Nah this one'll last! Grown out of the constant changing!

Plans are a set of seats, coils and a wheel refurb, and that's it. It's gotta get me to work and back so nothing silly this time

ph1 track weapon
And should be seeing some of you south central guys at some of the coming meets too :)

Anyone got a set of buckets they wanna sell.

Atouba - who'd you sell your 172 to as think it's for sale round the corner from me now!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
And should be seeing some of you south central guys at some of the coming meets too :)

Atouba - who'd you sell your 172 to as think it's for sale round the corner from me now!

Good stuff mate.

I feel sorry for anyone who buys Tim's old nail :rasp:

I nearly gave up on getting hold of a good clio 172 example.

Stick with it though and something will turn up. :)

There are a couple of nice clio's on ebay at the moment but they are not cup editions or mk1's.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

LD02 BXC?

I part exchanged it against my R26. Where is it for sale have you got a link for it?

Good stuff mate.

I feel sorry for anyone who buys Tim's old nail :rasp:

Knowsit :eek:

ph1 track weapon
Ah right no it was a slightly different reg Tim. Either way this car was a nail too. Xenons didn't work and it had 8 owners!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Apologies i know its off topic. When ever i think of selling mine combined with the money i have spent on it i allways end up keeping it purely because they seem to be selling for f$%k all. Hope you find one buddy

Dan

ph1 track weapon
I know what you mean. As a buyer it's a pain as people want more than they go for on eBay and dot let
Them go

Hopefully the one I've bought should all be ok when I collect :) finally found half decent insurance on it too :)

ph1 track weapon
He Rang to say that apparently the Clutch thrust bearing was on it's way out and didn't want me to travel all that way. So he relisted it on eBay saying I'd not been able to afford the car and tried to part ex another vehicle against it, and no mention of said gearbox!

Seriously considering notgetting one now :(

ph1 track weapon
Yeah pheads hasn't got a massive amount of useful stuff.

Budget of no more than £2k fletch.

53 Clio's & counting
I have to say it is starting to get difficult to find a decent ph1 - so many have been chavved/written off/bodged etc that the decent ones are starting to command a premium.

though there are bargains out there, mine was only £1100 even with the schricks and kw's and topgeartoms just sold on ebay for £1200 - they arw there but you may have to be prepared to travel a little further mate - with the stop on the way there and back it was a 6 hour round trip to get mine, but one day of travelling is worth it to get a decent car :)

nothing in the f/s section grab you? oh, iv seen a black ph1 thats advertised for 1800 where i live, about 80k on it iirc - shall i have a look/ grab the number if i see it again?