ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a rb 182

evo 6rs/clio 172
I currently own a 53 reg excellent cond 59k miles 172 with a few good mods
Thinking of selling for a rb 182 with treadline seats and trophy anthracite alloys with a few mods 55 reg
Do u guys reckons its a worthy upgrade or skip it it for a 197
cheers
Went to view a megane 225 06 in black, not keen as looks like a big heavy lump

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
A trophy is the only worthwhile upgrade but even that isn't a major change.

evo 6rs/clio 172
I no mate just really like the colour of the rb 182 and has 2 very good ingredients the seats and alloys

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Exactly, I really liked my RB, the colour was awesome but tbh it wasn't really any better than my old 172.

evo 6rs/clio 172
I reckon I will put the 172 up to see what I might get , if near to what I think I might buy the rb 182
I like the look of the r27 clio

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
If you can go to an r27, then that's a good upgrade, but if you're talking early 197's in run of the mill colours then I'd rather have the RB 182 personally.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For the track use that you want it for, I wouldnt bother, what you have works fine.
197 arent really an improvement either from a performance point of view, slightly more power but its offset by being a lot heavier.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Cheers lads,,,
A bigger car would be good for golfing on sats but love these old type clios on the track

Meg 300Cup
Forget the 197 if you think the meg is a big lump, at least the meg has the power and torque to make it quick, the 197 feels lardy and gutless, replacing my 182 with a 200 was my biggest mistake I've made with cars

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Northy, I'll say one thing, I had a ph2 172 (03 plate) and my current RB 182 Cup is miles and miles ahead of what the 172 felt like.

Certainly the cup chassis and handling is great, but as a whole rounded package, there are just tiny little bits that make it appreciably better.

I hear you went to the meet last Sunday and thought no one was there!! I was parked right outside the entrance doors in my RB :dapprove:
Had been there since 5:30 too, only Chip and Mrs Chip turned up.
Was good to meet them , I will be looking forward to meeting a few more of you in the new year.

RB 182 195bhp
My opinion might be worth a read, so here goes.
I had a 172 cup with k-tec cat back, k-tec coilovers, owned it for a year and a half and enjoyed every moment of it. Like you I fancied a change, always wanted an rb so when one came up local to me I snapped it up.
I've had the car about 2-3 months now, it is a full fat, has eibach springs, a yozza sport, cat cams, speedline's and is getting mapped next month, this is my ideal set up in a cliosport.
Tbh, the suspension set up suits me a lot better, so that's the main advantage, the yozza sounds fantastic, it doesn't feel much faster and I'd imagine a standard one to feel exactly the same as the cup did.
But it's a nice colour, people look at it abit more, it's slightly nicer inside with the options and I got it cheap and a good price for my cup, the change only cost me £200 ish. So from that point it was worth doing.
However, it hasn't completely scratched the restless itch of a 'change' as it's still a cliosport, and feels much the same. I will find myself looking at other cars, mainly modified r53 cooper s's ATM. You've got to ask yourself if it's going to satisfy your wants for long lol.
I wouldn't go 197 tbh, they are abit too heavy IMO, hard to get any extra power out of, dearer to run and slower than a 1*2. That was why I steered away from them.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Looking at a megane 225cup 55 reg stock
My brother drove a trophy years ago but wasn't keen,,I guess a re map is needed for starters