ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a 197 cup tommorow Maybe!!

clio 1.6 rsi
Had my 197 a week now and its been the best car i ever had, Build quality above my 182 is ten fold, The handling is precise and sharp and it sticks to the road like sh*t to a blanket, Power delivery is fantastic and the gearbox is out of this world, Only you can decide if its the right car for you - i asked the same questions and i took the plunge... Best car decision i ever made... I'm sure you'll buy and love it tbh

i have to agree wiv u there, after seein u in it at south mimms ya can tell str8 away its a quality car and looks and sounds gd, if i had the money i would be getting one as well!

Black 197
i have to agree wiv u there, after seein u in it at south mimms ya can tell str8 away its a quality car and looks and sounds gd, if i had the money i would be getting one as well!

Even Matty knowsit lol !

Will take you out in it at the next meet Mat if you like :D

clio 1.6 rsi
Even Matty knowsit lol !

Will take you out in it at the next meet Mat if you like :D

haha yes please:rasp: thats a deal lol il buy ya a drink next time then! non alcoholic obviously wudnt want promote drink driving here now lol

Black 197
haha yes please:rasp: thats a deal lol il buy ya a drink next time then! non alcoholic obviously wudnt want promote drink driving here now lol

PMSL no need for a drink just bring some clean undies lol... And be prepared to be scared sh*tless

clio 1.6 rsi
haha i normally have cans of pepsi in me car for when im at work lol! ha clean undies always (Y), scared shitless? i span my fiesta 7 times and into a ditch and wanted to do it again cz i found it pretty fun until i hit me head on the steering wheel tho it didnt hurt tht much

Black 197
scared s**tless? i span my fiesta 7 times and into a ditch and wanted to do it again cz i found it pretty fun until i hit me head on the steering wheel tho it didnt hurt tht much

You young man are a legd tbh lol.... PMSL at doing it again... Death wish by any chance ??

clio 1.6 rsi
ha young? im 25 lol aint young no more:( ha nah not a deathwish, it was kinda scary after but when i got out of the car and realise tht all i did to the car was a lil dent at the back and the tow eye cover came off, i was like hell yea lets go again but i had more grass in my wheels than i did in the ditch i was in!

and death wish nah, im to lucky for tht just yet

Black 197
ha young? im 25 lol aint young no more:( ha nah not a deathwish, it was kinda scary after but when i got out of the car and realise tht all i did to the car was a lil dent at the back and the tow eye cover came off, i was like hell yea lets go again but i had more grass in my wheels than i did in the ditch i was in!

and death wish nah, im to lucky for tht just yet

Can i borrow some of your luck please coz mine seems to have run out !! Bad times for me yet again!

Black 197
ahh how comes?

Girlfriend is pregnant which im over the moon about - we both are - Hormones have taken over now were finished ?? I dont understand it tbh so will just have to wait and see what happens.... Bloody hard though i must admit

Black 197
im sure ul sort it out, ya got a lil 1 on the way now :p, if its a boy, name it matt yea ;)

PMSL..... maybe we will sort it i dont know, i would but its her emotions mate.. Hormones are a mental thing tbh... One minute its all hearts and roses the next thing she's pregnant - happy for a week then bang later much i wanna be on my own for a bit ?? Im left standing here thinking wtf lol

clio 1.6 rsi
i spose ya just gota let it all settle get the excitement outta the way then sit down and chat wiv her, take her sumwhere nice etc and i spose enjoy a lil bit of time apart then get back together and get it all gd for lil 1 :)

Black 197
Thats what im hoping tbh... a bit of space is what she needs... I can imagine it must be scary for her but im not hastling her im letting the dust settle and will wait for her to make the first move, I'm sure if i start ringing and texting i'll push her further away.. Relationship problems ftl tbh

clio 1.6 rsi
yea thats wht ya gota do :) just send her a txt everyday seein how she is etc and take ya time and it will all come rite :)

fingers crossed for u tho m8

Black 197
yea thats wht ya gota do :) just send her a txt everyday seein how she is etc and take ya time and it will all come rite :)

fingers crossed for u tho m8

Top bannana... Think i'll give her a bit more time though tbh, She's a bit tempermental at the mo... Never thought being pregnant could change someone so much ?? Oh well few more days and i'll see where im at

clio 1.6 rsi
yea deffo and mayeb just arrange to go sumwhere mutual and relax and chat, ha women wiv dodgy hormones are bad enuf let alone pregnant women. then she will realise ya a gd guy and want ya bak again lol!!

btw i just realised we have hijacked this thread lol!

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
the 197 is a no brainer then as you lot put it.

only think im worried about now is the price of it. had a look on pistonheads and autotrader and nothing pops out at me.......

i will be honist the guys im buying it off wants 13400 for a 58 plate cup with 5000 miles on with front and big rear spoiler and side skirts, air con and thats the extras..... i want recros really aswell.... now im thinking i should hand on for a better deal??

Black Gold with cup packs
I sold my 197cup after 7 months of ownership and bought a 172cup, beautiful car handles superb(despite the initial lack of feel of the electric PAS) but it's not a 1*2. In real terms the 197cup probably is as fast or close to the 1*2 but never feels as fast (to much weight not enough power) however with the rotrex supercharger kit in the pipeline I feel it will transform the 197 into a totally different beast. Saying that though the real beasts will be the supercharged 1*2's ;)

so for looks buy a 197, for raw enthusiasm by a 172cup or trophy

Clio 182FF
Thats what im hoping tbh... a bit of space is what she needs... I can imagine it must be scary for her but im not hastling her im letting the dust settle and will wait for her to make the first move, I'm sure if i start ringing and texting i'll push her further away.. Relationship problems ftl tbh

I went through all this last year mate. You have a little one on the way which is good, but don't let her walk all over you like I did. Know when enough is enough and to walk away. :)

Trophy #490
No way in a million years I'd buy a 197 Cup personally. I'd get a fully specced R27 if I was in the market for one, the Cup just doesn't do anything for me. It's just the small things like those horrid, scratchy plastic door handles, lack of xenons etc that really puts me off. Tiny things I know, but if I was given the choice between an R27 (in any colour), and a Cup, I'd have the R27 every single time.....

And yes, my Trophy's interior is hardly like a Mercedes S-Class, but compared to a 197 Cup, it feels plush tbh! ;)

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
just told the dealer i dont want it. 2 much money.

he also said that i wont be able to get one now as renault have stopped making that car. i feel this is bull???

also anyone know of any good deals at there local renault dealer for new 197's?

No way in a million years I'd buy a 197 Cup personally. I'd get a fully specced R27 if I was in the market for one, the Cup just doesn't do anything for me. It's just the small things like those horrid, scratchy plastic door handles, lack of xenons etc that really puts me off. Tiny things I know, but if I was given the choice between an R27 (in any colour), and a Cup, I'd have the R27 every single time.....

And yes, my Trophy's interior is hardly like a Mercedes S-Class, but compared to a 197 Cup, it feels plush tbh! ;)

lol at trophy being plush compared to a 197cup!

just told the dealer i dont want it. 2 much money.

he also said that i wont be able to get one now as renault have stopped making that car. i feel this is bull???

also anyone know of any good deals at there local renault dealer for new 197's?
order book is closed for 197s