ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buyin a 172 but ...

I know that the 172 doesnt need any mods but i want to set it apart from the rest of the silver boys! what can i do, i like the idea of lexus lites i hav them on my saxo and they luk smart. i may drop it a bit 30mm but what other stylin mods are to b done. ive seen k-tec mesh but its only for the upper grille aint it, anyone help?

jay

GR7

Shiny red R32

Spray it an unusal colour, like Aubergine, or paint some pink polka dots on it, because if it is silver - as 90% of 172s seem to be - it will never stand apart from the rest!!

;)

Amazing how opinions can differ!

Id say that the red is awful (I only like racing red and the 172 red just looks wrong to me), and silver is a bit of a boring colour and run of the mill but has grown on me a bit.

The only 2 I considered was the black and the blue. I went for the black in the end because its the "hardest" looking colour (looks great against the brushed aluminium 2.0 16v badge). I had a blue car previously so didnt go for that in the end.

No offence meant to anyone. Like I said, its completely personal preference - otherwise the same colours would be driving around but Im happy with my black.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by 16V_Matt on 02 February 2003

and silver isnt plain and dull! no offence to people who like silver but imo it looks unpainted!

Matt
Exactly what I think Matt! Silver cars look as though they are at the bare metal stage!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by mikeherts on 02 February 2003

Id say that the red is awful (I only like racing red and the 172 red just looks wrong to me), and silver is a bit of a boring colour and run of the mill but has grown on me a bit.

The only 2 I considered was the black and the blue. I went for the black in the end because its the "hardest" looking colour (looks great against the brushed aluminium 2.0 16v badge). I had a blue car previously so didnt go for that in the end.

Mike, I think also that the red isnt red enough somehow and like you I also had a metallic blue car, which was more or less the same as the blue 172 and chose the gorgeous black.

:)

Glad you agree GR!

I do like red as a colour on cars, and yes red is supposed to be faster, but the 172 red is just verging on maroony red too much for me - cant put my finger on it.

Plus when I was phoning around to buy mine, it was the black and blue that were hardest to get hold of. Nearly everywhere had 4 or 5 red and silver hanging around ;)

Sorry but that red looks effin gorgeous, and if it werent for the cup blue it would be the best colour in the clio range. The problem is with the red is it doesnt really go with modifications like lexus lights and big wheels, its almost too classy for that. IMO anyway..