ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
tends to spin up a bit with the drop in the middle of Devils Elbow, short shifting prevents that, sometimes hang onto 3rd.

No Idea on the Honda, sorry

Stock gearstick etc. Just with a yanoo stiff kit. We are careful between 2nd and 3rd, can get crunchy when rushing it

182cup & 172 racecar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsZaI2auWhQ&feature=related

out of interest, when coming out of the hairpin, do you only stay in 3rd for a shot time? are you using the torque of 4th?

and that honda, what power/weight does it have?

also, is that a shortened gear throw, just seems like ages that your off the power during those shifts. or are you being kind to your tansmission?
As Jay says,we tested there and it made no difference to the times with short shifting,and the car is more stable.
We try and be as kind to the car as possible,we are not loaded money wise.

The Honda is just very quick thats all I know.

172 Race Car
No just pushing a bit too hard, happened to us both a little at the esses. Turn in when on the brakes a little too much. Handling balance was pretty much spot on.

182cup & 172 racecar
Car felt great Danny,we connected up the rear arb and it just sharpened up the turn in,but once it was in there was no more trouble from the rear.
As Jay said,we were just pushing as we didn't have a clue at the time where we were position wise.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
10.37 ! I have that all the bloody time on the 1st 2nd and 3rd bends at Harewood lol

Hopefully not tomorrow as its Aintree which is flatout , got an idea to try and squeeze another second out of the last bend ;) unless its raining :eek:

focus st3
Sorry to bother you boys, but when are you racing at Oulton park again as i lost the thread.Me and the other half fancy watching.

172 Race Car
10.37 ! I have that all the bloody time on the 1st 2nd and 3rd bends at Harewood lol

Hopefully not tomorrow as its Aintree which is flatout , got an idea to try and squeeze another second out of the last bend ;) unless its raining :eek:
tried lowering the rear ride height at all? Worked for us.

172 Race Car
My 4th and final video from Mallory and its the one that Whiteley has been waiting for. Came out quite well

Last edited by a moderator:
  221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I enjoyed that last video. Quick reactions on the pitstop to bump start it and get out so quick!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Really looking forward to you coming to oulton now guys :) I have been waiting to see you race for ages, really loving your Ph1 :)

172 Race Car
Really looking forward to you coming to oulton now guys :) I have been waiting to see you race for ages, really loving your Ph1 :)

Im looking forward to going too, last year it was a bit of a mare. The car setup was way off and we had a coolant leak in quali. We know Oulton quite well, probably better than any other track we race on so looking forward to giving it a good go now the car works well.

53 Clio's & counting
Silly question - can you have an intercom system? So you guys can talk during the race - would be handy relaying info to whoever is driving - is that allowed in your class?

172 Race Car
Nothing against it as far as I know.

But it costs money and we dont have any. As far as I know nobody else uses radios

53 Clio's & counting
Might be an idea to look into dude :)

REALLY need to get my ass into gear and come see you guys racing, just so busy at the mo - what track are you at closest to our neck of the woods?