ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have a couple of sickening pics i'll stick up tomorrow mate :(

Like I said gutted for you and if you need a hand/box just ask :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ouch.

What flywheel were you on? Does it look like it wasn't torqued up right ie some bolts come out in one piece) or has it broken up?

Only time I've seen similar and it not been an assembly error is on the old minis in race series where the standard flywheel had to be kept but could be lightened and people were silly and went too far and weakened them.

at least the flywheel didn't end up inside the cabin!

172 race build
Bad times Tony :( Hope you get it fixed up soon and it doesn't cost the earth. I came over after race one, saw the car and thought i better leave introductions to another time lol! Had a really good chat with Ian though who was really helpful, can't wait to get on the grid next year!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
E3397E73-91C5-4184-8DDB-310E4665F71F.gif

5F0842B5-9C5D-4C55-9CAC-DC2FE25CB702.gif

D4CCA06D-8DCA-414B-8293-1E5790389140.gif

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
Ooooh, sorry to see this mess Tony.... We've got 2 spare 'boxes in the workshop, one in bits and one together (with a damaged standard diff), so if you want anything let me know. They're of no use to us currently

182cup & 172 racecar
Not long been back home, so. First time I've had to do an engine removal without a lift, fk, I'm too old to be scrabbling around on the floor, had the car high on axle stands so I could get underneath, problem was, engine hoist wouldn't lift high enough to get the bugger out, resorted to the forklift trick in the end, worked a treat lol.

Oh, and when I undid the dogbone mount, the flywheel and what was left of the clutch fell on me.

The gearbox wasn't actually attached to the engine at all, lifted the engine out and the box then fell on the floor, the list of parts is getting longer the more I look :(.

Oh, and thanks for all the offers of parts etc. Not decided what happening.

182cup & 172 racecar
Engine is now at Dans, the replacement gearbox should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to see Martin at Agency's face when he see's what I've done to the old box lol. Not gong to tell him, just turn up with it (what's left of it anyway).

There is a mark on the diff, so I hope it's not too badly, if at all damaged, fingers crossed big time on this one ££££££££££££££ :dapprove:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Engine is now at Dans, the replacement gearbox should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to see Martin at Agency's face when he see's what I've done to the old box lol. Not gong to tell him, just turn up with it (what's left of it anyway).

There is a mark on the diff, so I hope it's not too badly, if at all damaged, fingers crossed big time on this one ££££££££££££££ :dapprove:
Tony - Quaife will service your atb and replace all the worn parts. It's not silly money. In fact they did a mate of mines for free as they've got a lifetime warranty.

182cup & 172 racecar
Cole as always, you are a CNUT!

Mark, don't think warrenty covers being chewed up by a flywheel.
If its mullered, I might go gripper.
See what martin says anyway.
Got to keep an eye on costs, but not going to skimp on rebuild, as its not worth it.
Might have to sell Helen to pay for diff, (well deposit anyway).

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cole as always, you are a CNUT!

Mark, don't think warrenty covers being chewed up by a flywheel.
If its mullered, I might go gripper.
See what martin says anyway.
Got to keep an eye on costs, but not going to skimp on rebuild, as its not worth it.
Might have to sell Helen to pay for diff, (well deposit anyway).
Honestly mate you'd be surprised. Dibs on the Quaife if it's not dead and you do decide to go the gripper route though! I'll get you a gripper at a good price as well. ;)