ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Lol, bit late now, we are here sat in the sun having a cuppa.
Got potato man paying a visit in a bit to dump some rubbish off for Dinger Dave.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Just had a look on TSL... what happened in Race 1? Looks like you weren't able to get out for Race 2? :(

182cup & 172 racecar
Something in the clutch/flywheel went big time. Made a right mess, broke the block, gearbox casing, and everything else around it.

It's not a pretty sight under the bonnet atm. I'll get it all out this week to have a look. :(

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Oh man, that's bad luck - sorry to hear it. At least it wasn't an accident and you're ok, I guess!

182cup & 172 racecar
There is that, unlike somebody who rolled it at Camp, very nasty, the circuit kept the car, because the cage collapsed!

I just know my wallet is going to be a little lighter very soon.

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
Ooh dear, I bumped the barrier after losing it at quarry.....I got away with it though, certainly wasn't close to rolling it.

What car was it? Was the driver okay?

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
Something in the clutch/flywheel went big time. Made a right mess, broke the block, gearbox casing, and everything else around it.

It's not a pretty sight under the bonnet atm. I'll get it all out this week to have a look. :(

Let me know if you're after any bits....I'm pretty sure we've got some flywheels going spare

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I was at camp and saw the crash. Nasty accident I think it was a celica (newer shape) the driver got out under his own steam pretty quickly.
I saw the hole in your block/casing Tony when I walked by :dapprove:, hope you get sorted soon.

clio cup
Thats just such bad luck Tony!
And apologies for just wanting to pick up my bits but didnt want to get in your way while assesing the damage,

ANy bits that you need that I have lying around you are welcome to mate.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I was at camp and saw the crash. Nasty accident I think it was a celica (newer shape) the driver got out under his own steam pretty quickly.
I saw the hole in your block/casing Tony when I walked by :dapprove:, hope you get sorted soon.

Wasn't the hot wheels liveried one was it? That's jinxed

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Is your cup B19 on the number plate? Grey 2118's?

Bloody hell...Im gutted, hated seeing this happen, was well and truly gutted (ruins what was a really great day). Really hope you get the car back together in time for Donny mate.

Thing is, this can happen to anyone of us...its a lottery.

53 Clio's & counting
Bad luck Tony, jey sent me the pictures, I'm guessing flywheel cracked around the bolts and broke off.

Do you guys have a spare engine to chuck in?

182cup & 172 racecar

I know, bad start.

I hate that heart sinking moment just after it goes bang, I feel for you dude. :(

Looked in the mirror and saw bits flying across the circuit, like James Bond's tic tacs.

Sorry to hear that Tony, hopefully not too serious problem.

Thanks, at least it wasn't your arts that let go.

That noise just made my skin crawl :(

Like a buzz saw.

Bad luck Tony, jey sent me the pictures, I'm guessing flywheel cracked around the bolts and broke off.

Do you guys have a spare engine to chuck in?

Only a standard one, but that's all loaded to take to Dans, lets hope he can make a good one out the two.

Going to take out tomorrow afternoon, I reckon if I drop the sump guard, the whole lot will just drop out.

It's not a pretty sight, and I'm no mechanic!!