ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

172 Race Car
Yea it did, probably would of been better with 0awg cable but the battery is not staying in the back anymore. Its going to a new home soon.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
lol at the steering wheel comments...the jealousy of not getting in there first hey... looks good pieced together with the seat mate...ahhh the memories

Qashcow
Yea it did, probably would of been better with 0awg cable but the battery is not staying in the back anymore. Its going to a new home soon.

now mines definatly gone in the direction that it has, i think im going to relocate my battery at some point too. im not sure where your putting yours but i know where mines going, and its not in the back.

Flame Red Delight
just read the full thread, i know it has been said already but you have seriously got major skills mate. Wish i had half your skills :( can i ask how do you know so much about cars engines etc?

Good project mate, well done

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I think jay used to work for ford as a mechanic. Now he works for the RAC patroling the streets of gloucester.

172 Race Car
Got a fair bit done lately but its still a long way off mot ready :(

I rebuilt my front calipers over a few lunch breaks.

IMAGE_075.jpg

Got a seal kit for them.

IMAGE_085.jpg

Piston out, all in very good condition,

IMAGE_086.jpg

IMAGE_087.jpg

Fitted the new seal to the caliper housing then fitted the new dust seal to the piston

IMAGE_088.jpg

IMAGE_089.jpg

All done!

IMAGE_090.jpg

Didnt really need a rebuild tbh but its done now and I know they are good.

Ive also given them a quick coat of black hamerite (but only the bit you can see through the wheels ;))

Ive slowy been refurbing some wheels to run as my road wheels, the team dynamics ones will be on track duty.

These wheels have quite a bit of history. I bought them off Pheonix and intended to use then on my phase 2. I lent them to Justin, then to schweppy (who had a blow out) then I sold them to a mate and then bought them back again.

Some where in a sorry state so I rubbed down the affected areas. Some were worse than others.

IMAGE_294.jpg

IMAGE_013.jpg

When they were all ready I set up a temporary spay booth in the garden

IMAGE_091.jpg

The primer reacted badly with something on the surface of the wheels. I should of degreased them before spraying.

They didnt look too bad after the satin black had gone on. My mrs said they had a leather effect to them, Lol. They look ok from a distance.

IMAGE_092.jpg

As you can see my dog isnt overly impressed with the quality of my spraying.

IMAGE_094.jpg

The next day I went down my mates to fit some tyres on them. I already had a pair of lghly scrubbed Toyo T1R's so bought another pair to match.

IMAGE_102.jpg

IMAGE_101.jpg

This wheel took some ballancing, think that will be a rear one, Lol.

IMAGE_103.jpg

One set all done, got nothing to bolt them too yet but they are ready for when the day comes.

IMAGE_104.jpg

Clio
Cracking job as always mate!

I did the brakes on the Vee the other day only took 8 hours lol, let me know if you need a hand;)

172 Race Car
  ITB'd 182...
Camskill have got an offer on atm for Toyo's

4 Proxies for £112.

Be rude not to tbh! Cant wait to see the day she hits the road again :)

172 Race Car
How do you think I feel, Getting tired of diesel power now. Altho i have a new game in my peugeot, its called 71mpg!

172 Race Car
Finally plugged the 'glory hole' left in the bulkhead by the a/c box removal.

IMAGE_095.jpg

Hunted through the attic and found some white bathroom sealer.

IMAGE_096.jpg

Just the job.

IMAGE_097.jpg

sealed all around it now

One big job that needed doing was making all the new brake lines, luckily we found the rear ones joined on the passenger side so I didn't have to run new ones all the way to the back of the car. This ment a change of plan for where the bias valve was to be fitted. Altho I think its a good outcome.

First I had to fit some unions to allow the brake lines to pass through the bulkhead (to go to the bias valve)

IMAGE_111.jpg

Drilled two holes for them.

IMAGE_110.jpg

and fitted. One for in and one for out.

IMAGE_112.jpg

I borrowed all the brake pipe making kit from my mate.

IMAGE_106.jpg

I havent made a brake pipe in almost 7 years so I set it all up in the back of my van and had a little practice

IMAGE_108.jpg

IMAGE_109.jpg

very very pleased with my third effort :eek:

IMAGE_117.jpg

First pipe cut to length and roughly bent to shape.

IMAGE_114.jpg

And into the 'flare factory'

IMAGE_116.jpg

tada!

IMAGE_118.jpg

Only another 8 to go! :dead:

Got some splitter blocks off ebay

IMAGE_107.jpg

Fitted one, to spilt the front circuit, to one of the bolts on the bulkhead panel and the rear one fitted nicely into one of the old captive nuts for the abs pump.

IMAGE_119.jpg

I carried on making pipes and after about 4 hours work over 2 days they were done.

Front split.........

IMAGE_124.jpg

Rear split....

IMAGE_125.jpg

All very neat, quite pleased with it all, just need to get a few P clips to secure them in a few places, just to be safe.

So then all that was left was the bias valve side of the system.

I drilled a hole in the headlamp adjuster panel.

IMAGE_126.jpg

and fitted the valve to the panel.

IMAGE_127.jpg

Plenty of room for the pipes.

IMAGE_129.jpg

Trial fitted to the dash. Mmmmm.........

IMAGE_128.jpg

Made up some more pipes :rolleyes: and the brake circuits are done, Thank f**k!

IMAGE_130.jpg

Subframe going back in soon hopfully. Then I can get the driveshafts and hubs back on, the front ast's on and brakes bled

106 GTI
looking good, plumb in an hydraulic handbrake for the car park drifts and it will be full of win

M

mini-valver

Awesome mate!! Will need to pick your brains about ABS removal in the near future, my 4 pots try to kill me on a regular basis. Burpspeedbrakepipeflaring.com?

Focus RS Mk1
car has come on no end since a last looked in here. top work. good work on the brakes lines too.

172 Race Car
Thank you all.

Dave, its quite easy just time consuming.

Mark, yes bias valve, something for Tony to play with.