ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper resprayed !!

Monaco 172 2/468
Just had my bumper resprayed today :D I'll get it all cleaned up etc and put up pics then ! Job looks excellent, and its sooo nice to be dent free :cool:

I remember Rich\another member with ocd, mentioning that you shouldn't do certain things with new paint etc. I talked to the guy and he said its ready to polish\wax etc as soon as it got home ?

What are peoples thoughts ?

btw respray cost me £150 in the end (Renault quoted £310!!!!)

Last edited:
  ex Clio 172 owner :(
You got any before and after pics?

I have a crease along my back bumper and not sure how easy it'll come out.

Monaco 172 2/468
Chris1.4RT said:
You got any before and after pics?

I have a crease along my back bumper and not sure how easy it'll come out.

I sure have mate, the old is in another thread, but i'll post them up together when its clean anyway :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i was told by the chipsaway guy not to drive the car for the day (after being sprayed) and not to wash the car for another couple of days.

106 GTi
Polishing is fine, waxing and sealing is normally the thing they tell you not to do while the paint cures. Most say only use a pure bodyshop safe polish for 30-60 days.

But if your painter says its fine go with that he knows what paints he has used and how long it was in the oven for etc. I would Leave it a week myself before I put anything on it though.