ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper Removal

Lionel Richie

You dont need to take the bumper off!!!! Its a right b*****d to take off anyway!!!!

What you need to do is stick your head under the front of the car, here you will see 2 or 3 bolts holding a Black pastic sheet (extending off the front bumper) Undo these, and pull the plastic sheet down towards the floor, you can now slide the mesh in (youll have to trail and error it for fit)

Thats how i did it anyway, The front bumper is a right sod to take off

hehe, you could always go get your ecu remapped, come back up the M40, hit a shovel hit which smashes a bit of the front end in, then chuck it into a garage to get it sorted, and whilst theyve got the bumper off fit the mesh......

Well, thats what I tried, but I forgot the mesh LoL :p :oops:

Anyone taken the bumper off a mk1? Is this gonna be a pain?

I was caining down the A38 a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden a pickup truck dropped a great big jerry can off the back and it went under me but caught somewhere underneath. It ripped off half of that rubber edge on the front bumper so I need to get it off and fit an Ibiza splitter or something.