ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulkhead soundproofing removal

Plan was to remove the lot of it today, even the bits where it goes around the coolant header tank and powersteering reservoir. Anyway I removed the 1st half it around the manifold etc and replaced it with nimbus heat shield. Whilst removing the second half it I realised it's covering up the ABS module.

Would I be alright removing the soundproofing and just leaving it like that? Wouldn't have thought heat would be an issue as it's not that close to the manifold.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Is that on your Cup? Just that the Cups don't have that ABS pump/module there.

Yeah, it's on my cup but I used it round the master cylinder and brake lines like this.

DSCF2032.jpg

58EB83A3-2CEF-4969-AB92-3CA98E91D6B1-23874-000014BE419E3B25.jpg

I've pretty much done what you've done there.

On your picture, where the heatshield ends and where the brake lines are visable to the right hand side my ABS module/pump is there. Like I say I doubt the heat from the manifold would effect it from there but I'm not 100% convinced.