ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Build dilemma

Clio 182
Got myself this 182 and can't decide wether to do bucket seats and strip interior or cooksport springs and braided hoses, i have a budget of about £850
23592408_10155091238083994_493214102334691982_o.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tyres
Brakes
Shocks
Lowering springs
Service
Check stuff isn’t falling off
Cambelt done?
Induction kit
Exhaust maybe
Re map.

Rest if any on fuel

Last edited:
  MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Take it you want to do track days?

Brakes and tyres will make the biggest immediate difference I think.

If your on a really tight budget talk to @George@RTR_Parts about the brakes. Probably hc front disks and ds2500/3000 pads, Leave the rears standard, braided lines and replace the fluid with performance stuff. I use ATE stuff which is cheap as chips and I hammer my car and don't have a problem.

You can find some decent second hand tyres very cheap on here/eBay etc. Be warned about track tyres on the road though. Doesn't take much to make them illegal and some are lethal in the wet. There are some that are half way between the two though.

Other than that make sure your filters and fluids are all good. General maintenance is kept up and go and have a blast.

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Do a track day as is.
See how you get on.
Buy some tuition.

Then,

Tyres
Brakes
Shocks
Lowering springs
Service
Check stuff isn’t falling off
Cambelt done?
Induction kit
Exhaust maybe
Re map.

Rest if any on fuel

Stripping the car will make the sq.rt of FA difference apart to your hearing / sanity, on a normal track day.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Cant go wrong with a set of standard brembo front high carbon discs and some PBS pads! A relatively cheap set up compared to what you could spend on braking, will make a hell of a difference too!