ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buggered My Windscreen

Valver
My mate thought it would be wise to wash my windscreen with engine degreaser and now its dried all in the window is stained (like frosted glass) , ive tried white spirit to get it off but its not budging.

Any ideas? :(

106 GTi
Tried an abrasive type polish like Autoglym Glass Polish yet ?

Flat Stanley blade to scrape it off ?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
does it come off if you pick it away? if it does then your gonna need a window scraper, some glasscleaner and flash or cillet BANG and s**t loads of elbow grease. if its still fooked when you pick it away then slap your mate with your nipples or something

Valver
you cant scrape it off :( its like its superglued on there lol i think abrasion is the way forward?

how good is the autoglym?

Valver
never had a window changed, do they also do the surrounding rubbers?

really dont wanna go down this route tho...it was an accident

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if its a valver you may be able to get a screen from the scrap yard? get your friend to pay

Try a glass polish as suggested, if not you can always go down the pikake and hammer route
Or scrappy, but I find it hard to believe engine degreaser did that, what specifically was it?

corsa ecoflex
as a qualified glass tech you wont get the degreasser of all that well..you will need either a high powered glass polisher or a new screen..evrn then with a glass polisher you wont get it all of and will soften the glass,so i would just get a new screen on your insurance mate