ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bug removal and window cleaning?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Spud man is spot on with the point why pay more than you need to for a window cleaner. Besides ipa wont do any damage providing you dont saturate for hours a day 7 days a week etc. It evaporates quickly anyway

it would be the quick flash off of IPA that would damage the rubbers, not anything else.

When applying dressings to the rubbers I will use IPA sprayed on a cloth and wipe them over to ensure they're clean. But this is only every couple of months max

Maybe. But lets be honest nothing lasts forever and there is bigger things in life to worry about than slightly degrading window seals lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
On the subject of window cleaning - the seals on the yellow shed are DISGUSTING. Either they've been lavishly saturated with back to black at some point, or, well, I don't know what. In the 6 months I've owned the car, they're still disgusting and still pour black sh*t down the side of the car when it's washed or it rains.

Any idea what I can use to scrub them !?!

Front windows BTW..

Swift Sport
As I said in a previous post, a guy I know swears by Lime Prime for cleaning window seals. I tried and was quite impressed.

On the subject of window cleaning - the seals on the yellow shed are DISGUSTING. Either they've been lavishly saturated with back to black at some point, or, well, I don't know what. In the 6 months I've owned the car, they're still disgusting and still pour black sh*t down the side of the car when it's washed or it rains.

Front windows BTW..

Amazed at LP, Ste - Rob, a decent degreaser and a brush. You know when you see photos of a detail and the detailer sprays on snow foam and then goes around the shuts etc with a brush? This.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I've tried that sort of shizzle, JayDizzle .. Maybe not well enough. It were 'ANGING lad.

Will give it another go next time I get the sponge and bucket out.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
May pop over soon to see said bus. Do you do Sundays?

Certainly. I only charge double for Sundays.

There's not much to see .. it's yellow. Oh and there are lots of red splats all over the front end which is a nice compliment to the SF lello paint.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Front windows BTW..

Tardis (or other branded product) on a cloth when they're dry.
Use a real old cloth though because it will be fucked after.