ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budgie's E30 ~318i~ 325i Touring project

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
On the old BMW's I've worked on I found them a delight to work on as they are simple and logical, and being a longitudinal engine really easy to remove.
Glad this one is being saved :up:

330i. E30 Touring.
On the old BMW's I've worked on I found them a delight to work on as they are simple and logical, and being a longitudinal engine really easy to remove.
Glad this one is being saved :up:

Yep, not one rounded bolt/nut today. Everything went relatively smoothly.

Reserving judgement until it's time to fire it up though!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Another good thing to come from today, have spent a fair amount of time under the car, and the shell is in great condition. No rust at all, bar the odd few bits of surface rust that will sand off. Over the moon, and I guess it helps to get a late example for that...
I've been working on the wife's old Volvo today, from about 10am until it started to get dark.

I love working on old cars espically when its cold.

330i. E30 Touring.
I've been working on the wife's old Volvo today, from about 10am until it started to get dark.

I love working on old cars espically when its cold.

I do find it nicer working in the cold. Toughest part is keeping the fingertips warm! Once you lose those it's game over!

Cold is fine. Rain can f**k off.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I do find it nicer working in the cold. Toughest part is keeping the fingertips warm! Once you lose those it's game over!

Cold is fine. Rain can f**k off.
Yep rain can do one, I've been off all week in the hope of doing something on my van or can. Couldn't do a thing.

I wear gloves mate, get boxes of them from work, it keeps my hands warm and clean.

330i. E30 Touring.
New propshaft bearing purchased as the old one was a bit rough/scabby. Full set of exhaust hangers, rubber mounts and backbox straps also, old ones had seen better days, of and a set of new crush washers for the PAS pipes, all of which need to be replaced when re-fitting.

Uprated engine mounts also gone on, as the old ones came off in two bits, unsure if this was wear and tear or to do with the bump, but either way.

Contact made with a bodyshop too, so hoping i can get that booked in for the necessary ASAP.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Hell will freeze over before i sell this. :)

Shut_Up_and_Take_My_Money_Wide.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
And after about 18 months on the driveway, the car is now with the body shop to get repaired;

bae33512cc47d9a27eef8ecc100a3b24.jpg

919a285e7d3dd39c17e1665897714b82.jpg

b1e40ec9b25e003fd4826d4d748451a4.jpg

After a good search, found the guy I wanted to do the work. One man band who does it to stay busy, not to make money. He wasn't expecting me in the workshop when we arrived and the car he was working on (MGB GT) was spotless and in great shape, so he got my vote straight away.

More pics on it's return.

Next plans, slight drop possibly. New tyres and wheel refurb, MOT and then enjoy for the summer months before hibernation again no doubt.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Just read the whole thread. Great work! I've got a lot of love for E30s having grown up drooling over the E30 M3/E30 325i combo owned by my mates parents.

330i. E30 Touring.
Just read the whole thread. Great work! I've got a lot of love for E30s having grown up drooling over the E30 M3/E30 325i combo owned by my mates parents.

Me too mate. Was always the choice of car for my grandad when I was a kid (along with an e34 5 series) so holds a lot of good memories!

Looking forward to it being back and better than ever.