ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Final @ Silverstone

Oil Burner
Yup, i cant believe its been a year. But it has, an epic one at that.

Here are my efforts from Silverstone, not my favourite circuit by a long way, so perhaps a little less of my weird photos as i just haven't had the time to explore the National circuit. For such a small circuit, its huge!

As ever i encourage your thoughts and feedback.

1. Guest appearance from Mr Thompson

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9299-L.jpg

2. Entertaining the guests at the BRDC

BTCCSilverstoneQualifying-4810-L.jpg

3. The lesser spotted Insignia being pushed back into its natural resting place.

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9286-L.jpg

4. Gilhams mishap at the start of race 1

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-4966-L.jpg

5. Nash heading out on track

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9364-L.jpg

6. And returning the 2011 Independents Champion

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9729-L.jpg

7. Plato well aware the title had escaped him in 2011

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9806-L.jpg

8. But pushing hard anyway

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-0064-L.jpg

9. But the win would still go to a Honda

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9598-L.jpg

10. A nervous Neal gets some words before the final race

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-0397-L.jpg

11. Perhaps the view from the drivers seat would settle his nerves (hopefully a little less over saturated now!)

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9390-L.jpg

12. The Ford guys and Girls had an odd way of letting their hair down

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-5187-L.jpg

13. So with that, bring on 2012!

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-5294-L.jpg

Love the wide panning again.

How did you get 9? Just lucky another togs flash went off at the same time? Longer shutter speed and deliberate?

Great lighting on 13 too, nice bit of off road driving too lol!

Oil Burner
Amazing always look forward to your btcc pics.

Thanks, glad to hear they are enjoyed

Love the wide panning again.

How did you get 9? Just lucky another togs flash went off at the same time? Longer shutter speed and deliberate?

Great lighting on 13 too, nice bit of off road driving too lol!

Pretty much spot on Dan, I usually stand at the back of the weigh in as i like this shot and i dont want the same shot as all the other togs. And i know that its likely they will be firing flash, so i just rattle off 10 or 15 frames with a slightly slower shutter speed than normal (only 1/400 as opposed to 1/1000) Which seems to help the number of times you catch their flashes.

Just forward planning and luck really. I've shot this shot lots of times without catching any flashes.

Awesome pics again nick :) Never tire of looking at your work

Cheers, Always nice to hear :)

I like that you try to get the different shots, I would be the same.

That's why I really admire Darren Heath's F1 work, he always tries to get that 'different shot'.

Here's one of my favourite shots of his:

tumblr_layxgoBlln1qbm0mn.png

I guess you just rattle of loads of shots in hope that one has that effect.

Great work again, I look forward to 2012!

Oil Burner
I also love that shot, there is a very similar one used on the F1 2010 artwork. I suspect given the dark it is a slightly longer shutter speed than normal (i would be interested to see if you can find an image with exif), and it looks like he has a filter on too which is giving the cool starburst effect.

And as you say shooting lots of frames i would imagine, the way true professionals shoot their cameras is pretty alarming. I often 'machine gun' my 1d as its one of its best features for capturing a moment. But i've got nothing on some. But when they last 300k - why not. Plus most expire before then through mishaps.

Well you could get the new 1DX and shoot at 14fps! Now THATS a machine gun!

Hope to catch up someday, sounds like I could learn a lot ;)