ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC @ Brands Hatch

Oil Burner
So unsurprisingly i was in attendance at Brands this weekend for the BTCC.
It was a great weekend, so good to see the cars out on track giving it some. However it was a bit of a poor weekend for me, having shot brands maybe 50 times it's hard to find anything interesting or different.

So perhaps a more 'standard' set than i usually produce. However as always i appreciate your thoughts, good or bad.

1. Fairly good crowds in attendance

1239890817_RbN4F-L-1.jpg

2. Jordan giving 110% through Surtees

1239888383_KDgSt-L-1.jpg

3. Shedden has a puncture on the approach to paddock in practice.

1239962953_TwRdv-L.jpg

4. The mess

1239963544_KmVXc-L.jpg

5. 24 hours later in his (mostly) straight car waiting to hit the track

1239891121_QVGzC-L-1.jpg

6. Not a particularly stunning image, but the content certainly makes up for that!

1239923580_fAVJa-L.jpg

7. BTCC New boy Griffin exits Surtees

1239888346_7R8yN-L-1.jpg

8. And again down the straight

1239892180_ZbM5h-L-1.jpg

9. His team mate on his way to a podium

1239893150_cVwJm-L-1.jpg

10. Owy on his way to a very much deserved podium

1239893580_RH5HS-L-1.jpg

11. And his typically understated celebration!

1239893988_JPvKH-L-1.jpg

12. Finally, Mr Onslow-cole who had a bitter sweet weekend. Showing some serious pace, but the car still suffering from a lack of straight line pace.

1239889199_j2E3f-L-1.jpg

Arctic FF 182
I was waiting for this thread, watched it for the 1st time on Sunday, great shots as usual :D

Do you photograph any of the support races?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
awesome ... i wish i could produce shot like this .. great work

just out of interest what kit you using?

This is what I aspire to be, shame I'm sh*t at panning.

Great set as usual Nick, you need to create a pit girl appreciation thread.

Oil Burner
Fantastic pics, nice and sharp :)

What lens did you use for the panning shots?

All the shots were taken with a 70-200 2.8 non IS +/- 1.4tc and the Grid girl photo was taken with a 17-40 f4

I was waiting for this thread, watched it for the 1st time on Sunday, great shots as usual :D

Do you photograph any of the support races?

Cheers, It was a pretty good first round. Often they are a bit tame, with lots of people not wanting to bend the cars on their first outing. Not so last weekend.

amazing as ever...
Great set of pics.
Simply amazing shots :)

Thanks guys, your very kind.

Awesome shots, really nice to see motorsport pics with decent panning, and not cars static on the track.

Yeah, a pet hate of mine. However in reality most punters dont notice the difference :S

awesome ... i wish i could produce shot like this .. great work

just out of interest what kit you using?

Laura if you had wasted as much of your life/free time taking motorsports photos as i have now you wouldn't struggle to better me lol.

The kit is the ever reliable 1dmk3 + 70-200 2.8 non IS +/- 1.4tc and also a 50d and 17-40 there for the odd shot/backup.

This is what I aspire to be, shame I'm sh*t at panning.

Great set as usual Nick, you need to create a pit girl appreciation thread.

I think that is a must. You cant fully appreciate the Honda Grid girls outfit in #6 as she has a jacket on. Donington in 1.5 weeks, so i will endevour to put together a gallery or the girls.

And panning just requires practice, my panning was shocking a few weeks ago (and still isn't up to standard), too long shooting other stuff than cars over the winter.

Do you lose much quality/sharpness with the TC Nick? I was using the Sigma 70-200 2.8 the other day and it was lovely.

Oil Burner
Cheers guys,

Addicted, thanks, although i'm not aware of the competition your talking about to be honest? Competition to drive in one of the support series or something?

drhowser, its fun being trackside for sure, although its getting harder and harder to secure media passes so the paper work side is a drag (BSB especially). There is also the worry of getting killed, a surprisingly real concern at some circuits. Cadwell park final turn is one of the best bike photos on the calendar but is genuinely scary to shoot. Love it all though.