ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC @ Brands Hatch Indy

Oil Burner
Well that was a pretty awesome first round to the BTCC.

Had a great weekend, lots of catching up with friends and lots of standing around in the Sun while various cars were picked out of the scenery on Sunday.

Heres some of my favourites, as ever your C+C is always encouraged.

1. This man put in a stella effort to take Pole, unfortuntely it wasn't to last.

BTCCBRANDSHATCHRACE1-6132-L.jpg

2. However his team mate had a bit of a torrid time... (but at least his car looked good and all 4 wheels stayed on for once)

JD8492-L.jpg

3. After qualifying, Plato didnt like what he was hearing. Starting 4 places behind Mr Neal.

JD8416-L.jpg

4. This meant alot of concentrating was required.

JD8465-L.jpg

5. And it seemed to work, as in race one he hunted down (or knocked off) the competition.

BTCCBRANDSHATCHRACE1-8915-L.jpg

6. And through the day it came good as he battled with the front runners

BTCCBRANDSHATCHRACE1-8880-L.jpg

7. At this point i have run out of images for this train of thought - so here's a car with a flame coming out of it.

BTCC-BRANDS-HATCH-2012-7688-L.jpg

8. And here are a few cars going around a corner. (excuse dirty sensor)

BTCCBRANDSHATCHRACE1-8945-XL.jpg

9. And a car that isnt really a touring car at all.

BTCC-BRANDS-HATCH-2012-7290-L.jpg

10. And a nice looking girl that likes to stand infront of cars.

JD8546-L.jpg

11. Here is a man about to cost himself alot of money.

BTCCBRANDSHATCHRACE1-8931-L.jpg

12. Finally to end the I love Jason Plato - thread. A photo of Jason Plato.

BTCC-BRANDS-HATCH-2012-7546-L.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely set. #1 isn't sharp enough for me personally, but that background blur is too good to miss out on. #5, 6 & 8 are stunners, brilliant composition and whilst obviously Brands they are unusual enough to make them stand out. #8 in particular really is excellent.

#11 is superb, the best 'through the crowd' shot I've seen. #12 doesn't quite have the same impact, to much going on around the front of the car in my opinion.

Epic panning as usual Nick. Love the through the crowd shots too even if you think they're marmite shots ;)

Also, it looks like your sensor is about as dirty as mine lol! I'm trying to give mine a proper clean tomorrow.

Oil Burner
Epic photos as always!

Thanks Adam!

I love your wide panning shots. Brilliant as always.

Thanks dude!

Nice shots!

I was there yesterday, some brutal crashes... did you manage to get any pics of those?

Yeah i got the Avensis going off at the first corner and a few other bits and pieces. Thankfully i watched the Ginetta accident from the safety of the media room.

Lovely set. #1 isn't sharp enough for me personally, but that background blur is too good to miss out on. #5, 6 & 8 are stunners, brilliant composition and whilst obviously Brands they are unusual enough to make them stand out. #8 in particular really is excellent.

#11 is superb, the best 'through the crowd' shot I've seen. #12 doesn't quite have the same impact, to much going on around the front of the car in my opinion.

Thanks Chris i really appreciate the Crit and i agree with you on all the points. 1 isn't quite as sharp as i would like - for some reason this shot never comes out well in sunny conditions only overcast where there is more contrast. Very odd.

Epic pics as always.

Epic panning as usual Nick. Love the through the crowd shots too even if you think they're marmite shots ;)

Also, it looks like your sensor is about as dirty as mine lol! I'm trying to give mine a proper clean tomorrow.

Thanks Dan, Yes the sensor on the 1d is a mess lol Must get around to cleaning it before this weekend!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
8 & 11 are my favorites but you have a cracking collection as usual.

Were these all with the same lens?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks (as always) for posting up a great set of images. I always enjoy viewing your work and very much look forward to what the BTCC season brings and, of course, how you capture it! :D

Fantastic!!

BTCC was epic this weekend. Really enjoyed the indy circuit which surprised me as I thought it could be a dull afternoon. Any shots from the Ginetta Series? (I bloody love those little cars :))

Nikon D700
Great shots. I really like the story that goes with them too.

Maybe get some comic filters on them and release a series of online comics to go with the season? :D

Oil Burner
8 & 11 are my favorites but you have a cracking collection as usual.

Were these all with the same lens?

Cheers, Mainly the 70-200 2.8. But also a 17-40 shot in there, and i have a 300f4 too.

Thanks (as always) for posting up a great set of images. I always enjoy viewing your work and very much look forward to what the BTCC season brings and, of course, how you capture it! :D

Thanks fella, really looking forward to it!

Cracking set as always! Great work Nick.

Thanks Mate!

Awesome as always Nick!

Cheers mate!

been waiting for this thread since sunday afternoon! :D

:) Glad to hear it!

Wow. Some of the best motorsport photography I've ever seen!

Thanks Chrostopher, really appreciate it!

Awesome panning!

Cheers!

Fantastic!!

BTCC was epic this weekend. Really enjoyed the indy circuit which surprised me as I thought it could be a dull afternoon. Any shots from the Ginetta Series? (I bloody love those little cars :))

I didn't shoot any Ginetta's as was busy sorting shots from the BTCC and Clio's. But the racing was excellent even if that startling crash was seriously scary!

Great shots. I really like the story that goes with them too.

Maybe get some comic filters on them and release a series of online comics to go with the season? :D

haha yeah i think a few could work well with that!

Epic photos, You didn't get any pics of the Proton did you?

I got a few. Will post some below.

Here's a few others i liked that slipped through the net.

JD8572-L.jpg

BTCC-BRANDS-HATCH-2012-7762-L.jpg

BTCC-BRANDS-HATCH-2012-7796-L.jpg

BTCC-BRANDS-HATCH-2012-5390-L.jpg

BTCCBRANDSHATCHRACE1-9390-L.jpg