ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB exhaust Ph1 172

BTB'd PH1 172
Just gave BTB a call to order a stealth exhaust for my ph1 172 and they said that they're getting a ph1 in to measure up an exhaust.

(I understand there are differences between ph1 and ph2 exhaust, possibly the length of the mid section)

Anyone have an idea who's ph1 is going in? I know its one of those needle in a haystack questions but it would just be interesting to find out.

TBH I was a bit surprised when they said they're getting one in to measure up because I would have thought at least a few ph1 owners would have had this exhaust by now.

Not to worry though :)

Drew.

ClioSport Club Member
hai, yay its me, small blooby world!! booked in for the 24th, i keep getting fits of excitment everytime i remember. i'll do pics and vids if u want after. your right its the length of the centre section as the cat is either shorter or longer than the a phse 2. i was also surprised when they said they havent fitted one, i was sure i'd seen at least one ph 1 with a stealth btb on ere!?

172 ph1
when i got mine ktec said it was a flange after the cat or something that was different?

BTB'd PH1 172
Thought the owner would be on here!!

I just got to wait until you've got your one fitted then I'll be ordering mine!!

Yeah pics/vids would be awesome mate. I really can't wait to get rid of the standard item Renault call an exhaust, I've got a huge hole in the back box so it's a tiny bit loud at the moment.

What threw me off was on their www.stealth4clio.co.uk website it says its avaliable for both phase 1 and 2 models. Oh well not to worry.

Drew.

ClioSport Club Member
yep no probs mate, yeah my renault exhaust has seen many a better day, serious lack of baffle in centre section, my god the buzzing is irritating.

172 cup TT
Great exhaust - top quality. Dont know if you have seen but i have one on my Cup, yes i realise it is a ph2 but im sure the quality isnt going to be so different. I have pics in my thread in the project section if it helps.. but, youve both made a very good choice with that system.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
They do fit a ph1 bud-all that's potentially different would be if you had one of the earlier ph1 dual cats which I understand are little shorter. I believe the later ones were the same length as the ph2 cat.

It's because the BTB doesn't have a one size fits all adjustable collar in front of the centre box like some other systems on the market. They just need to know what the length is on your particular phase one cat setup to ensure it fits perfect.

This was the guy who had one for his ph1, they never fitted it up though as he had it delivered;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?490066-My-172-btb-exhaust-arrived-today&highlight=btb

;)

Astra coupe t, nova
An update...
clio 16 has a late ph1 so they now need another... i'm booked in on thursday with my earlier ph1:) Gonna see about a de-cat too. I'm sure there would be enough interest!

anything
im also interested tho mine is also the later one tho ive got twin cats ... keep us posted

any idea of price for system with decat

Drew.

ClioSport Club Member
the service i got today was great, its a top system, i mentioned a decat too and i'm sure they would help but would prefer to keep it a 'more grown up system' as they said to me.

as regards differences in cats they were pleased as my twin cat worked with the pattern of the phase 2 centre section they've got. brilliant sound i might add.

Astra coupe t, nova
Yeah they work.
Basically there after someone with a single lambda setup.
Ferrett they have your one already in stock to send out. Mine should arrive tuesday as I'm no longer going there as I actually got a twin lambda cat. Had a good speak with him on the phone:D

I've said that the decats would be an interest but as above it's not something they have urgency to do, they would supply you a sports cat though.

Sprint 172
I've asked BTB to send me some pictures of the system on Clio16's car. Hope you don't mind me publishing them.

001send.jpg

002send.jpg

003send.jpg

004send.jpg

BTB'd PH1 172
So if you have the twin cat set-up, does that mean you have 1 or 2 lambdas? Reason being BTB left me a msg yesterday wanting to know what I have.

Black Gold Trophy
Their work is just excellent, I cant understand why they don't set up mass production, it is so complicated to order one of their systems for a 182

Sprint 172
So if you have the twin cat set-up, does that mean you have 1 or 2 lambdas? Reason being BTB left me a msg yesterday wanting to know what I have.

Twin cats can come with either one sensor or two and the length of the cat varies between the two.

Sprint 172
Their work is just excellent, I cant understand why they don't set up mass production, it is so complicated to order one of their systems for a 182

Joe at BTB has mentioned the possibility of a production run of 182 exhausts over the winter. Won't be cheap as they are more complex than the 172, but would hopefully match any previous group buy prices.

BTB'd PH1 172
I'll have a look tomorrow and let the guys at BTB know then hopefully get it made up and sent out asap

Drew.

ClioSport Club Member
immense thats my car!!! no i dont mind vecbtb. although i wish my car wash a bit cleaner :eek:

Ph 1 172
Single lambda sensor on the early phase 1 is shorter that's the only difference. Is there and other photos of that phase 1 as that exhaust looks like a proper stealth! Hidden complaint behind the bumper not like my ktec stealth lol how much did the exhaust set you back then, and does it have a centre section?