ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bt infinity router ssid and wpa2 key?

Ford Fiesta
Those of you on the standard home hub and on infinityis it possible to change the network name and password and if so how?

Bt man says no but I just can't believe we have to stick to a strong of letters and a standard network name I mean getting stickers or when someone wants to jump on wi fi? Is this progress?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Go into your router settings.

Easiest way to do this;

Start > Run > Type CMD and click enter.

In Command Prompt, type ipconfig and click enter.

Look for default gateway, and the address should be something like 192.168.1.4

Enter that URL in your web browser, and wham, all your router settings should be there.

Ford Fiesta
Any impact on the router at all and can this be done over wi fi or only ethernet initially? Only reason I asked this on here is that Google searches suggest this is only possible of you use type own router for infinity and not the stock new infinity routers...

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
No, no impact. (Everything hooked up to the network will need to re-scan and reconnect to the new SSID tho.)
Can be done over Wifi.

Never used BT or BT infinity, but it should be exactly the same as any other router.

If it's a HomeHub 3 then you will be fine, unless they have updated it to be bellends in the last few months. Go to 192.168.1.254 (check the ip config as detailed above just incase), click settings, type password, click wireless and change the details you want

bthh.jpg

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
to log into a bt homehub just type bthomehub.home into a browser.