ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Spring

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
How easy is it to change myself?

ta.

DSC00054.gif

Is it a matter of simply undoing the damper while the car is on the ground, jacking up, and then the spring can be removed?

Does anyone know if i would need 2 jacks and raise both sides at the same time or could i do one side at a time?

cheers!. just dont want it launching into my face once the weight is taken off it!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I've just bought some sportlines, I'm assuming I can fit them in the same way as above? With no spring compressors?

I have 2x 2tonne trolley jacks so can do the pair at the back at the same time!

Also with the front springs will I need spring compressors to remove the old and fit the new?? Can you fit them into the strut top without squashing the new spring, so I can do the nuts up again? i.e. with the weight off the front wheels will the springs be totally unloaded?

340i
the rears will be same process as above..

You can remove the original front springs with out compressors (they only expand 2" max?)...

But you will need compressors when re-building the shock absorber.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
the rears will be same process as above..

You can remove the original front springs with out compressors (they only expand 2" max?)...

But you will need compressors when re-building the shock absorber.

Cheers fella, just what I needed to know :D