ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broken section in loom

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
just been installing my loom and it has a section that is broken. the bit that is broken kind of looks like a fuse but has no rating on it, it located on the battery terminal

16-07-10_2006.jpg

16-07-10_2007.jpg

can this be cut out and a spade connector put on or is a new on needed

I think Hutchie said he just hard wired it without the fuse, im pretty sure you cant buy them seperately, and i think its a £400 part from renault with the new loom.

Second hand or hard wire FTW

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
so it is a fuse.

sod a new loom just spend ages modding this one for the conversion.

what is its rating cos i'll stick a inline fuse inplace of it like what used for amps.

cant help you with the fuse if you put your camera in macro mode (usually symbolised by a flower) it will focus properly when the object is close up. Just a heads up for next time mate.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
cant help you with the fuse if you put your camera in macro mode (usually symbolised by a flower) it will focus properly when the object is close up. Just a heads up for next time mate.

i know how to use a camera mate. i was using my phone which is a couple years old cos my main phone is fucked.

s**t i can't find a rating on the case at all.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
does any one know what is protecting and what harm could be done by bypassing it.

Mondeo TDCI 130
its the main fuse to the starter feed! Used to blow for fun on lagunas, we used to chop them out at the dealer!, never caused a problem!

Crack on pal! :)

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
decent i had a feeling it was for the starter. i'll chop it out in a min

Chop it out. If you really want to bother fusing it stick a 300AMP or similar mega fuse in line. It won't blow for anything but a dead short to earth but that's all the stock fuse protects against anyway.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
Chop it out. If you really want to bother fusing it stick a 300AMP or similar mega fuse in line. It won't blow for anything but a dead short to earth but that's all the stock fuse protects against anyway.

i chopped it out earlier today, had the car running. just ironing out the problems at the moment. i might eventually put the fuse back on but most probably won't lol

172 Ph1

I was going too suggest around a 200A fuse would cover it, as Icarus said its only a starter protection fuse