ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken seat... Help!

ClioSport 172
Basically somehow i've managed to break my drivers seat, as in it wont pull forwards anymore to let people in the back. When I pull the handle nothing happens, like somethings snapped inside...

How do I fix this?! Help! Cheers x

ClioSport 172
No it moves... as in the seat wont pull forward, you know on an angle... the backrest wont tilt forward

BMW 330D
Oh right sorry get you now.
Never had that happen on my old clio.
Im sure somehow will be along shortly to help you out!

rps13
it's like a bike brake cable, go and get one from renault, probs about a tenner?

then just pull the cover back and it clips in real easy at the back of the rails

ya i went and bought a new cable for mine, cost me 15quid, still comes disconnected everynow and again though!! sooo annoying!!

two elastic lops hook underneath the seat and then you can lift the cover up! its held by littl metal loops though so you can only lift it up so far you have to guess and get your hands in for the rest, dont cut the metal loops, you cnt get them back, and the covers will look loose afterwards!!

ClioSport 172
Not really know. Only personally know Dan R on here & I dont think seats are his forte... anyone near evesham that wants to help me out?

BMW M135i
Its great fun as your doing it blind for the most part but not impossible, i'm closish.

Bit your after is 77 01 058 771 and is showing as circa £35 here.

Last edited:
whe you lift up the flab at the bottom dont lay under it like i did looking up!! all the s**t thats gone down the back of your seat will fall out! bits of sandwidch, crisps, fluff allsorts :p disgusting!!!!

ClioSport 172
whe you lift up the flab at the bottom dont lay under it like i did looking up!! all the s**t thats gone down the back of your seat will fall out! bits of sandwidch, crisps, fluff allsorts :p disgusting!!!!

Theres no bits of sandwich! My car is spotless! :rasp: