ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Nikon D40

Arctic blue 182ff
I haven't got any pics... BUT i dropped the bugger :dead: and where it landed on the lens, a couple of tiny black bits snapped off the lens attachment... can i get thid repaired/??

hopefully i'll get pics to follow!

Jack

Arctic blue 182ff
on the lens, there's 3 little edges between the screws and ball bearings... 2 of them snapped off :(

Nimbus 197
good time to upgrade, repair is probably not worth it.

a fast prime should give you sharper images and much more creative freedom in terms of depth of field.

If you want AF-S function on the D40 you need the 35mm f/1.8 AF-S...think most of the details were covered in another thread posted recently.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I dropped...no wait...

My D40 was dropped when I was in Wales last summer - the 10-20mm Sigma bounced off it and came away from the part that connects to the body.

I sent it to Luton Camera Club who do lens repairs
- they replaced a few bits, cleaned the lens inside & out then posted back to me for about £80 :)

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Can pick up an 18-55 cheap on eBay, or as said above check out a 35mm or 50mm prime. The 50mm with AF-S is over £300 though, the 35mm can be had for £160ish.