ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broken fob now not starting

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
the micro switch broke off the fob a few weeks back which meant i couldnt lock the car but could still start the car
now ive got the issue of the flashing immobiliser,
would the key of deprogrammed itself and is now why it wont start?
any help guys would be great

Clio mk2 1.2
Bump the f out of this!

having this problem with all the bells &whistles. I’ve had the smash in my window, drive around in the February snows, struggle to fix the window and the central locking still won’t work.
I can see that there are some glue(?) marks on the circuit board but they seem to be on the switch contact points as well. But when it was still hanging on it was on a dried up gel, similar to the seal on the switch side of the fob.
Am I right in believing the micro switch should be glued on the circuit board? I don’t have a soldering iron small enough to work on the switches contacts

Attachments

• B57CB279-7C52-45C3-92F8-4E2268F382D7.jpeg
    B57CB279-7C52-45C3-92F8-4E2268F382D7.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Bump the f out of this!

having this problem with all the bells &whistles. I’ve had the smash in my window, drive around in the February snows, struggle to fix the window and the central locking still won’t work.
I can see that there are some glue(?) marks on the circuit board but they seem to be on the switch contact points as well. But when it was still hanging on it was on a dried up gel, similar to the seal on the switch side of the fob.
Am I right in believing the micro switch should be glued on the circuit board? I don’t have a soldering iron small enough to work on the switches contacts
Some conductive epoxy will work, you'd want the board fully reflowing in an ideal world

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Can you not put some solder on the switch first and then try connecting it?

I’ve got a selection of tips for my soldering iron but even the smallest was a pain to use when I replaced the switch on mine.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
If the board is knackered, you could buy a second hand fob, and just swap the transponder over and it will work like new.

Just desolder the transponder chip

Clio mk2 1.2
Thanks guys I ended up cowboying it with some hobby grade green stuff to fix it onto the board. Not a pro job but I’m just happy to not be paying £200 for a key reprogram.
Out of interest Louis, did you mean electrical conductive epoxy or thermally. I’ve never used either but from what I learned from Google silver or zinc based epoxy conducts electricity but could feed a family for a week. Thermally conductive stuff looks like it would be good for fixing the switch back to the board but not by the contact points?
Sorry my knowledge ends at basic soldering