ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken ECU bracket

I noticed this yesterday:

hmm.JPG

It is the bracket that holds the ECU to something but obviously it is broken. Is this common? Is it possible to get a replacement part, and if so what is the number?

Cheers, Matt

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Same happened to me chaps,

I got a piece of metal lying around and made a bit of a bracket out of it, drilled through the broken bit and one side of the rectangular metal bracket i made up bolted through and then used that bolt in the top of the pic on the other side of the bracket. works a treat.

2001 172,VW Touran
i had this happen on my first 172. Got replacement part and when fitting it i placed a piece of rubber either side of the bracket which stopped it happening again.

ITB'd MK1
very common. Can normally sort it well enough with some penny washers, but some brackets are damaged worse so need removing and a new bit welding on.

rstuned 182ff bg
mine as been like this since i bought my 182 about 10 months ago, gonna weld mine back up, and use a rubber washer, to take the stress out of it,

but yes it looks like its really common,