ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembos and Pad Choices

The standard Brembo pads for the 197 calipers seem pretty cheap at £39 and I'd imagine are pretty well up to the job but is it really worth spending more on Mintex, CL, Ferodo or any others.

Would be interested to hear anyone else's experience. Car is mainly for road but will see a few track days.

Thanks,

If planning to track it then yes , I'd personally put uprated/more track focused pads in mate

I'd been looking through your trader forum but didn't find much in the way of product reviews. Forgetting which pads you make most on (just pulling your leg of course ;)), do you get good feedback on a particular pad, or pads, being a good compromise between track and road?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I don't have all products I stock/can supply in my section so best to PM me mate

Will be getting updated soon my Trader's section

I always get good feedback of all the products i supply tbh, (I only supply top quality parts you see ;) ) , the Ferodo Racing DS2500 and DS3000 are very popular on here with lads who use their car on road and track.

Bit of a review of the DS2500 in here if wanting unbiased feedback

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ant-brakes-don-t-waste-any-more-time-Use-G172!

You going to be running standard size discs ?

I don't have all products I stock/can supply in my section so best to PM me mate

Will be getting updated soon my Trader's section

I always get good feedback of all the products i supply tbh, (I only supply top quality parts you see ;) ) , the Ferodo Racing DS2500 and DS3000 are very popular on here with lads who use their car on road and track.

Bit of a review of the DS2500 in here if wanting unbiased feedback

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ant-brakes-don-t-waste-any-more-time-Use-G172!

You going to be running standard size discs ?

Yes, the discs are standard and standard size, but almost brand new so I'll not swap them immediately. Although if the wife's 182 Cup's brakes are worn I may put mine on hers and replace them with the Brembo HC.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries, can obviously supply the Brembo HC discs aswel as pads if needed

The minimum thickness for the front discs is 22mm (21.8) and come new with 24mm

Cheers

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Kool mate dont think many av these on yet?! Brakes should be awesome if ur running 16" wheels u can get 300mm discs under depending on which brackets u av?! All best with upgrade
Pat